Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto mod not working needs updating but won't

2021-06-19, 4:40 AM

I have a network unlocked moto z and every time I try to connect a moto mod it says it won't work unless I update my moto mod when that happens a screen pops up saying check for updates I press check it says there is no updates available that my moto z is up to date but it will not let me use any of my moto mods with it I have no idea on how to or what to do to fix this can anyone please help me with this problem 

Screenshot_20210619-004022.png Screenshot_20210619-004034.png
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Moto mod not working needs updating but won't

2021-06-19, 16:44 PM

Hi Frank216,

I'd love to help you with that. Please try to update your Moto Mods manager app on the Google Play Store. You can click on this link to directly take you to the app update site. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-19-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-20, 8:05 AM

I have done that and it still shows the same thing moto needs to update to use moto mods is there a way to force update the system software or android version or something I can do to fix this I have no idea what to do to fix this that is the only reason I bought the moto z for moto mods I thought it would be the best thing ever to use the projector mod I can't use any mod total let down 

Options

216 Posts

03-20-2017

United States of America

619 Signins

9944 Page Views

• Views: 9944
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-21, 14:44 PM

What version on Android is on your phone? What specific mods are you trying to use? You can use the Rescue and Smart Assistant to update your phone to the latest version for the Moto Z which is 8.0

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Views: 21800
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-24, 7:27 AM

@ Frank216 wrote:

I have done that and it still shows the same thing moto needs to update to use moto mods is there a way to force update the system software or android version or something I can do to fix this I have no idea what to do to fix this that is the only reason I bought the moto z for moto mods I thought it would be the best thing ever to use the projector mod I can' use any mod total let down 

Hi, 

Could you please let us know what mod you are using? Have you tried using Rescue and Smart Assistance as speters suggested to make sure the phone is on the latest software? Also, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms