Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

11-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

316 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 316
  • Message 1 of 32

Moto z battery discharge issues

2017-11-20, 22:33 PM

Seems to be a common problem?

Phone has been switching off with 40 to 50 percent battery, some times it reboots says it has 3 percent and then shuts down.

Saturday

Switch phone off at 3pm battery level around 48%

Switch back on at 7pm. Battery at 3%

Sunday, fully charged, reset cache, fully charged.

Monday

Phone switched off at around 20 percent. Plugged in to charger display immediately says 32 % battery.

Now I'm begining to think this is a hardware issue?

Anyone else having same problems?

Update: left off over night and charged, pressed power button once, showed 100% charge, started phone. Once android had started, showed 47% battery.

Options

1 Posts

11-21-2017

Brazil

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 32

Re: Moto z battery discharge issues

2017-11-21, 19:53 PM

I'm from Brazil and i having exactly same issue.

Options

1 Posts

04-04-2017

Brazil

71 Signins

657 Page Views

• Views: 657
  • Message 3 of 32

2017-11-22, 3:37 AM

Follow Method 1 from link may may help you. 

Mine was turn off with 30% and it did the trick.

Options

10 Posts

08-26-2016

United States of America

23 Signins

193 Page Views

• Views: 193
  • Message 4 of 32

2017-12-03, 6:14 AM

Can someone from Motorola/Lenovo please explain why we need to go through any of these "tips and tricks" to make the battery meter/charge controller function?  Seems to me this should be corrected by Lenovo.

Options

6 Posts

12-04-2017

United States of America

31 Signins

266 Page Views

• Views: 266
  • Message 5 of 32

2017-12-04, 7:16 AM

Same I can charge it overnight and it'll die when I take it off. The battery calculation has always been wonky, especially if I have the mod attached.(which is always) trying a factory reset but it died just a little while ago idk I liked the phone and think it's a great concept but the battery has always been the weak link.

Options

2 Posts

12-21-2017

United States of America

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 6 of 32

2017-12-21, 0:55 AM

While not encountering the identity battery life problem, I had to recharge at least once a day. To solve this, I added the Moto Z battery mod, which simply snaps onto the back of my Moto Z.

This presented another problem, since my protective case doesn't fit over the Moto Z - mod combo. I have searched the Internet, but can't find a case that covers both the Moto Z and battery mod combo.

Anyone found one?

Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 7 of 32

2017-12-22, 0:11 AM

Install the AccuBattery app from the PlayStore, open it u, set the nominal capacity of the battery (2600 mAh) and use your phone normally.

Charge it and after you've done all that, take a look inside the app at the "Health" tab. It will show you how much your battery still holds its charge.

In my case, I had to send my Moto Z to the Service Centre to have it swapped for a new one.

angourakis
Options

13 Posts

11-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

316 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 316
  • Message 8 of 32

2017-12-22, 10:46 AM

Just an update,

As the phone was under warranty, I took it back to carphone warehouse. They took it in as warranty repair, 

Three days later (on the friday)  received a message saying it would be back at the store in 48 hours.

Received a call from the store on the sunday to say it was back along with a note saying, please refer to Motorola.

After numerous phone calls, they say we can not repair Motorola's, neither will they deal with a warranty repair on their behalf. This is policy.

I have issues with this:

1)  My purchase is with carphone warehouse and therefore my "contract" for warranty and rights under the consumer act 2015 is with Carphone warehouse.

2) I expect goods to last a reasonable amount of time (I don't think 7 months is reasonable)

3) I should not be inconvienienced by the fault or suffer monetary loss arranging a repair.

Somehow they have failed on all three accounts.

I have now sent the phone direct to Motorola repair centre in Norwich.

Something I think that would be useful is if the repair centre could acknowledge receipt.  I have tracking receipt for sending, but emails updating us on the repair progress would be useful. Pehaps Moto/Lenvo could implement this as part of their customer care?

Options

2 Posts

12-21-2017

United States of America

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 9 of 32

2017-12-22, 18:24 PM

I haven't had the identical problems you do, namely charging to 100% and then after disconnecting, the Moto Z Droid power indicator going to 34%, etc. I do notice a lot of drain on the battery, but then again, I carry a lot of apps. This might be part of the problem.

To solve the battery drain problem, I purchased the Moto Z Battery Mod, which attaches magnetically to the back of the Moto Z Droid case. The battery has a separate charging port, or you can charge it while attached to the Moto Z Droid. I opt to charge the battery separately when the Moto Z Droid is at full charge to avoid battery memory issues.

This created another problem, however, namely, that the protective case I have form my Moto Z Droid will not fit the Moto Z Droid -- Battery Mod combination. This is a problem, because if you don't own the Moto Z Droid Force, then you could be looking at a broken glass when you drop the phone.

Interested in whether anyone has found the case for the Moto Z Droid combo. Would have been nice if the Battery Mod also had a protective bezel that slid over the Moto Z Droid to protect the glass. Maybe an after-market frame that slips over the Moto Z Droid and holds onto the Battery Mod?

Someone is poised to make a fortune on this new market niche, because no one is stepping up to do it.

Options

5 Posts

12-24-2017

United States of America

15 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 10 of 32

2017-12-25, 21:43 PM

Having same problem. Battery is toast. Shuts down after showing 100% battery 30 seconds before, plug it in to charge and displays some seemingly random but always non-zero charge level like 38%, seconds after shutting down. 

Have to tether it to an Anker battery pack to use it now. 

#MOTOZLAME

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)