Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

135 Posts

02-01-2017

United States of America

192 Signins

1991 Page Views

• Views: 1991
  • Message 21 of 32

Re: Moto z battery discharge issues

2018-01-31, 16:50 PM

_Daisy wrote:

Hi All,.

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. You can check some tips to extend battery life here.

Please make sure to do the necessary troubleshooting steps here.You can also try a factory reset with no restore. Make sure to back up your data. 

If the issue is still persisting, then send it for repair.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Another "stock" answer..Thanks!

Options

135 Posts

02-01-2017

United States of America

192 Signins

1991 Page Views

• Message 22 of 32

2018-01-31, 16:50 PM

_Daisy wrote:

Hi All,.

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, the age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. You can check some tips to extend battery life here.

Please make sure to do the necessary troubleshooting steps here.You can also try a factory reset with no restore. Make sure to back up your data. 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Thanks for the tip!

Options

135 Posts

02-01-2017

United States of America

192 Signins

1991 Page Views

• Message 23 of 32

2018-01-31, 16:51 PM

Please everyone follow those helpful tips!

Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 24 of 32

2018-02-02, 16:20 PM

wrote:

_Daisy wrote:

Hi All,.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome! Glad to help here.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Options

13 Posts

11-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

316 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 316
  • Message 25 of 32

2018-02-02, 19:43 PM

The phone was sent back to Moto for repair. It has come back and appears to be better though they do not list what they actually did to it.

Looking at replies to the initial message it appears some people have the same problem, while others do not read the initial problem.

Some say it’s down to apps or signal strength, if they bothered to read they would see true phone was fully charged and then rebooted and lost 48% signal strength. This is not an App or signal strength issue unless you think that much battery should be lost in around 30 seconds.

Please when you reply make sure you have read and understood issue especially when in-depth testing has already been shown to have been down.

Options

30 Posts

01-30-2018

United States of America

48 Signins

473 Page Views

• Views: 473
  • Message 26 of 32

2018-02-14, 6:51 AM

I find it disturbing that this problem was marked as solved by Motorola and the solution provided is to send the phone in for repair/replacement. There are so many of us still struggling with these battery problems (see the other 60+ page thread) that are just barely outside of the warranty period and this is obviously a defect in the phone itself aka not a user created problem. Is anyone going to help us?

Options

135 Posts

02-01-2017

United States of America

192 Signins

1991 Page Views

• Message 27 of 32

2018-02-14, 12:30 PM

wrote:

I find it disturbing that this problem was marked as solved by Motorola and the solution provided is to send the phone in for repair/replacement. There are so many of us still struggling with these battery problems (see the other 60+ page thread) that are just barely outside of the warranty period and this is obviously a defect in the phone itself aka not a user created problem. Is anyone going to help us?

No, they are not going to help us. They show up once in a while and give the same "stock" answer everytime. 

At least Apple "manned up" and admitted their update caused the battery issues with the older Iphones.

I feel so sorry for those who went through the whole "reset" process to no avail.

A class action lawsuit is the only thing that may help us. I tried, but the law firm I spoke with was not willing to take on the case. Perhaps another one will.

Options

1 Posts

05-14-2018

Turkey

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 28 of 32

2018-05-14, 16:56 PM
I have same issue when my battery %25 while talking suddenly shutdown and trying to open it says %1 battery. My battery goes %100 to %25 within 5 hours when i use only Whatsapp on wifi
Options

3949 Posts

12-01-2016

Philippines

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

• Views: 85486
  • Message 29 of 32

2018-05-15, 16:43 PM

wrote:
I have same issue when my battery %25 while talking suddenly shutdown and trying to open it says %1 battery. My battery goes %100 to %25 within 5 hours when i use only Whatsapp on wifi

Have you done the troubleshooting steps provided above?

-Daisy

Options

13 Posts

11-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

20 Signins

316 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 316
  • Message 30 of 32

2018-05-15, 17:07 PM

As the Opening poster i thought i would give an update.

My phone was sent back to Lenovo, repaired by them under warranty and now appears to be working with no issues.  In fact has just updated to Android 8.

However

they did not any any point  say what the issue was, or what they did to repair it. This Lack of response I am very disappointed with.  I have to say that i am now running an apple device as my primary work phone as I will not buy another motorola. Dare i say it that before lenovo took over motorola I had no issue with the support. (i had to do some returns as at one point I was administering upto 180 phone units)

what is interesting is the standard reply that is always posted by their staff....the same it could be this and that...could be wifi, could be software draining the battery.

To those advisors i say......high software use, low signal would cause battery to drain faster....but it will still go From 100 pecent to 1 percent, just at an accelerated rate.  They would not cause the the battery to suddenly shut down at 53 percent.  They would not cause the battery to say it has 100 percent and then after a restart say it is at 48 percent.

Please take not of the reported issue before posting a generic and total irrelevent reply.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms