Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Armaghejohn
Punch Card
Views: 1,434
Message 1 of 14

Moto z fail to start after update via OTA

Hello again !!! I am the unhappy owner of a Lenovo Motorola moto z XT 1650-03 phone. After a live update my phone refuses to start. Show an error: Your device didn`t start up successfully. Use the Repair Assistant software to repair your devices. If I use the upgrade assistant software, after two hours I still show Processing device information. No more . I mention that I use a 1GB internet connection. What blame we have for these phones to get into this. A simple update is faulty. I guess the guilt is totally qualcoom. Some backward processors. I have attached some pictures of the situation, imei code, sn, etc. Something else can be done with this so-called phone or you just do this thing just to have continuity in selling PCB. I tried with ADB. I have tried with RSD lite to write something on it but do not let me. I added the code to my profile. Do something . The service people said it's on the software side and I can not do anything. What is your official answer? I hope you have the solution. A good day .Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Hello again !!! I am the unhappy owner of a Lenovo Motorola moto z XT 1650-03 phone. After a live update my phone refuses to start. Show an error: Your device didn`t start up successfully. Use the Repair Assistant software to repair your devices. If I use the upgrade assistant software, after two hours I still show Processing device information. No more . I mention that I use a 1GB internet connection. What blame we have for these phones to get into this. A simple update is faulty. I guess the guilt is totally qualcoom. Some backward processors. I have attached some pictures of the situation, imei code, sn, etc. Something else can be done with this so-called phone or you just do this thing just to have continuity in selling PCB. I tried with ADB. I have tried with RSD lite to write something on it but do not let me. I added the code to my profile. Do something . The service people said it's on the software side and I can not do anything. What is your official answer? I hope you have the solution. A good day .Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG
Armaghejohn
Punch Card
Views: 1,380
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto z fail to start after update via OTA , fixed .

First download android universal drivers ; motorola usb drivers ; minimal adb ;  You need to blankflash your phone with the right version for your BL . After that  flash your partition gpt.bin .  After that you have to flash your firmware with minimal adb . At final you have to flash this command : fastboot oem fb_mode_clear . You must have one version of androin newer or the same with the one you have it when you brick your phone . The gpt.bin file you wil find it in your firmware . To flash your gpt bin use command : fastboot flash partition gpt.bin . here is it and the comand used for flash the firmware :  fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.11 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.12 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.13 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.14 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.15 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.16 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.17 fastboot flash oem oem.img fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot reboot

I manage to unbrick moto z xt1650-03 with bl 91.08 and now iy is bl 92.03 . I can`t post the materials here .  But Griffin OPL 27 51 cyd50 may be good for you . Contact me some how . try xda.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,333
Message 3 of 14

Hi Armaghejohn,

Thanks for the post. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

sergiu93
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 4 of 14

Hello, Sergiu is my name, I am new here, I have a phone Moto Z XT1650-03 and I have the same problem as above, I can not even go through the bootloader and bring the phone to life, I tried enough methods, I have not succeeded, please help me, thank you!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 728
Message 5 of 14

Hi sergiu93,

Thanks for posting. Is the phone totally not turning on? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sergiu93
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 6 of 14

just enter fastboot
sergiu93
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 7 of 14

I tried using this fastboot way to install the firmware but it did not work
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 699
Message 8 of 14

Hi sergiu93,

Thanks for confirming. You can try the Lenovo Smart Assistant but we can't guarantee that it will push the update. Here's the link to the tool: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291. Let me know if that helps. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sergiu93
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 9 of 14

I'll try, thank you.
sergiu93
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 10 of 14

I tried with that program and the following message appears:
Failed to match the connect device.
Please plug it in and try again.
Top Kudoed Authors