Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meri7
What's DOS?
Views: 362
Message 1 of 4

Moto z force 2 is overheating when charged

I had my Moto Z-Force plugged into my car today and it got really hot. It was in the middle of shutting down or turning back on I think, stuck on the Motorola blue screen. The charger was incredibly hot and burned my finger. This was on the second attempt on that charger. I came home and used a different cable and it different charger and the same thing happened. Yes I am using the cable that came with the phone. I need help with this right now.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 357
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto z force 2 is overheating when charged

Since this forum is mostly peer-to-peer, I strongly urge you to call Moto Support for quicker turnaround time.

If the phone was too hot, it would shut itself down.  What else was the phone doing beside charging?

Meri7
What's DOS?
Views: 308
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  I wondered if any others had this issue.  I plan to bring it in today to Best buy where I bought it,  if I can get there.  It's doing nothing else.  As soon as I plug it in, it begins to heat up.  Within a minute it goes to that Moto screen. I think it's trying to turn off but can't. When i unplug it, it stays that way until it cools down.  Then it needs a restart to make calls. 

I hoped for something from Lenogo as I had seen posts from them b before.  Can anyone recommend another online contact? I am disabled and it may take some time to get a ride. Thanks in advance. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 267
Message 4 of 4

Hello Meri7

I'm sorry to hear that this is occurring.  I've just sent a private message to you so I can get some further information.

Becky