Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbond30_db
Paper Tape
Views: 5,380
Message 1 of 5

Moto z gets very warm!

I just swapped out my z force for the thinner z, I didn't like the thickness. I had excellent battery life and put heavy usage on the phone and it would get slightly warm but never hot. This moto z gets HOT! I barely have the screen on for a few minutes and it gets HOT! So hot that you can feel it through the style shell. Side note, I heard the moto z could get around 3 to 4 hrs screen on time. I barely can get 1 hr. Any help with these issues would be much appreciated!!

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 5,244
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto z gets very warm!

If it's brand-new, you may be dealing with the phone just working hard to sync your Google information with the phone (email, contacts, etc.). But I can take a look if you provide your IMEI

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
ah42
HDMI
Views: 5,243
Message 3 of 5

I have the Incipio wireless charging case, and man this things gets really hot while charging wirelessly. I hope that does not degrade the recharge capablility of the battery. And speaking of screen on time, I can get 3 to 4 hours with the extra 2220 mAh of the battery pack, but definitely not without it. With the battery pack this phone is a 4820 mAh phone, gets me through the day no problem. But with just the 2600 mAh internal battery I can barely get past 2 pm. 

dbond30_db
Paper Tape
Views: 5,236
Message 4 of 5

Updated profile. You can check whatever you need to check. Thanks 

dbond30_db
Paper Tape
Views: 5,226
Message 5 of 5

Might have replied to wrong post lol. My profile is updated so u can check my apps if you would like