Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inchhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,595
Message 31 of 75

Re: Moto z shuts down full battery goes dead

I started this thread because of trouble I was having with my phone. My wife has the same phone and is now having this same problem. We got them the same time so I assume she is now out of warranty but I haven't really looked into that. I just assume it was a one year warranty. Just wanted to update that after one successful replacement I guess I'm now kolooki for another.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 10,575
Message 32 of 75

We recommend submitting these phones for repair, as it sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
IMsureance
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,459
Message 33 of 75

Hey Matt, are you sure we shouldn't just keep recalibrating the battery and doing a FDR every day until some miracle happens? That's what you and your team of 'experts' has been telling us to do for months. If you really want to be helpful, talk to the upper level tech or engineers at your own company and find out what the real problem is and then publicly admit specifics. You are losing customers for life and your social media (about this issue that you've continually denied existed) is full of people who now hate Motorola and are happy to tell everyone on social media about this pathetic dysfunction at Motorola Support.

Ps. Alpha Dog should be fired for his unprofessional comments and personal jabs on the 75 page thread about these battery issues after 7.1.1 update. He shouldn't be anywhere near a customer let alone in the customer service industry.

Inchhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,430
Message 34 of 75

I appreciate you advice but if I have to give up the phone for a week and pay for any kind if repair, then quite honestly I'm getting a different phone. The hassle of transferring everything to a temporary phone and then back to my Moto just isn't worth it for a phone that clearly has some sort of design flaw and my very well need to be repaired again anyway. I've had a number of Moto's over the years and I keep coming back because I generally think they're good phones. This experience has me just a little more willing to consider other brands than I might have been.
Streaks714
HDMI
Views: 10,412
Message 35 of 75

@IMsureancewrote:

Hey Matt, are you sure we shouldn't just keep recalibrating the battery and doing a FDR every day until some miracle happens? That's what you and your team of 'experts' has been telling us to do for months. If you really want to be helpful, talk to the upper level tech or engineers at your own company and find out what the real problem is and then publicly admit specifics. You are losing customers for life and your social media (about this issue that you've continually denied existed) is full of people who now hate Motorola and are happy to tell everyone on social media about this pathetic dysfunction at Motorola Support.

Ps. Alpha Dog should be fired for his unprofessional comments and personal jabs on the 75 page thread about these battery issues after 7.1.1 update. He shouldn't be anywhere near a customer let alone in the customer service industry.

Not only do the Mods keep repeating the same solution and "stock" answers, they are actually, as you said, insulting us.

I also believe that the new member "Motodude" is some kind of troll they planted.

He/she personally insulted me twice and posts long ramblings about what may be causing the battery failure.

Indicating that "intelligent" people want to know this useless info.

As I have been saying for over the past 6 months, we ALL know what the solution is!!

We not only have the experiences of our members here, but now also Twitter and Reddit posts as evidence against them.

As I stated in the "75 page" discussion, I am unsubscribing from these forums. I have spent enough time on this.

Most of what I felt were helpful comments and suggestions, seem to fall on deaf ears most of the time.

Not to mention the 4 hrs I spent consulting and attorney and trying the "class action" thing.

Best of luck to you all!!

jonshipman
Punch Card
Views: 10,406
Message 36 of 75

It may be relevant, but you can get a 2300maH battery on Amazon for the Moto Z for about $15. Now I know it's not an OEM battery, but it seems the OEMs are having issues aas described in this thread. Not to mention, the OEM battery has 2400-2600maH printed on it - meaning some phones probably shipped @ 2400.

Also if you attempt a repair yourself, be advised that the AMOLED panel is really close to the edge. I borked my screen and am waiting on a replacement part. Be prepared to use a curved tweezers, heatgun, metal pry tool, and a plastic triangle for the AMOLED removal. Oh and I'd recommend new adhesive. Ebay has that precut for $5-$7.

Dillian
What's DOS?
Views: 9,874
Message 37 of 75

Me too. Still need help. My insurance company is determined that it is an app issue so uninstalled my apps and the issue is still there does anyone know what link I can get for the answers to the problem is so I can direct my insurance company to it?
Highlighted
Inchhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,878
Message 38 of 75

If you do manage to convince them let me know because I have three of them sitting in a drawer. Finally just gave up and reactivated my old Samsung Galaxy S4. If you own a Moto Z that doesn't develop this problem at about 11 months you're living on borrowed time. Maybe you can show them that about a thousand people seem to be having this same app problem with that same phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,837
Message 39 of 75

Hi guys. I know we have said this in the past but we'd like to reiterate what we have already suggested. We recommend submitting these phones for repair, as it sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.

I will be marking the post as a solution so it can be easily found.  

Regards,

JM

bimpirate
What's DOS?
Views: 9,278
Message 40 of 75

Your recommendation is a joke and the solution is a joke. My phone is a few weeks out of warranty and now unusable. Through no fault of my own! If you really just have devices that are worth having for 12 months then they implode then i can't say i'll ever buy a moto phone again or lenovo product. this is a travesty. Lesson learned...never update after your warranty. i was offered 10% off another phone. wow! /s

Top Kudoed Authors