Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANDROM
What's DOS?
Views: 1,693
Message 41 of 75

Re: Moto z shuts down full battery goes dead

I was having a similar problem with my Moto Z Droid and I was able to solve it by calibrating the battery and charging it with the original charger. I used to charge the phone with different chargers but since I calibrated the battery and use only the original charger the problem has gone away. I don't even use my car charger anymore. My supicion is that when you use a different charger the phone gets confused and the shutting down starts to happen. I think they need to modify the software so it can better handle the battery charging if you use different chargers. It has been 3 weeks and the problem has pretty much gone away. Hope this helps.

Primarch_Lion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,689
Message 42 of 75

Thanks for trying ANDROM.  Unfortunately for my phone it was only able to boot while on the factory charger, and it would turn off literally as soon as it was removed.  Different chargers affecting the software wasn't the issue.  Additionally, when I took the phone apart to replace the battery (broke the screen while doing so unfortunately, may or may not attempt to complete the repair) and put the voltmeter to the tiny tiny battery terminals, it discharged very rapidly.  The battery itself was bad unfortunately, which is what most people are probably guessing.  The reason people are upset with the Motorola response is because batteries shouldn't be totally unusable after 12-18 months of even relatively heavy use.  Whether that's something in the hardware, software, moto-mods (I used a battery mod), or the battery quality itself I don't know.

BoIlIv
SCSI Port
Views: 1,682
Message 43 of 75

It seems that no one reads all the posts I have tried everything from proposode solutions on my phone but it was not resolved until it was repaired artificial service now it works perfectly battery was replaced and software reinstalled. Don't waste time in trying to apply all those fake Solutions. Just send it for repair to the service.

goodluck.

Sly1122
Paper Tape
Views: 1,478
Message 44 of 75

I have the same issue with my z2 after only 6 months of ownership. Do we have to pay for fixing foulty battery? How does submitting to fix this works?

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

We recommend submitting these phones for repair, as it sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.

- Matt

tecnicofigueroa
Paper Tape
Views: 1,261
Message 45 of 75

has intentado desbloquear el bootloader para ser root
carrie4d
What's DOS?
Views: 1,201
Message 46 of 75

This issue has been happening since the new software update.

Phone operates normally while plugged in and charging, but when unplugged the battery drains at an alarming rate. It will start out at 100% and will go down to 75% within fifteen minutes. The phone will also turn off as if the battery died, even though the display says it still has 70% or 53% or 90% or whatever. Then I'll plug the phone in to charge it after it "died" and the display will say something like 22% or 8% or 83% or whatever. Then if I turn the phone back on, it will say yet another different battery percentage. It makes no sense. Unfortunately I have no idea whether the phone is charged, or whether the display is wrong, or what. But it doesn't seem to matter as the phone still drains quickly and dies randomly.

It'll turn off and I get a circle with a Z or something or triangle.   It closes down all my apps.

I have tried reconditioning the battery by charging to 100% while on, turning off and charging to 100%, rinse repeat until theoretically the battery reading is the same whether on or off. This did not fix the problem.

I've tried clearing caches, uninstalling apps, clearing memory, resetting battery optimization, etc. When this issue started I was running Android 7.0 so I installed the latest system update 7.1.1 and updated all my apps. The issue is still happening.

It's very frustrating.  It is out of warranty, and I doubt I'll get another Moto Z.  I love the "idea" of the phone, but I'm sick of the discharging all the time. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,251
Message 47 of 75

Moto Z XT1650-03 Dead

Guys!

I am highly disappointed with the way my Moto Z is behaving just within 1.6 years of purchase.

03Months back, my handset was having a strange problem, initially, it automatically restarts but later it never boots up, until I plug-in the charger (no matter what level of batter is charged with). I SUSPECT IF THIS ISSUE STARTED AFTER OREO UPDATES.

I visited the Moto service center, and there after 03Days of follow ups (not happy with service center staff) my phone's battery was changed, stating it as faulty. The technician denied to check the charger output, as I suspected issues with my charger.

Now 02days back, phone started restarting itself after every 2-3 minutes. After battery drain, the phone is not coming up (not booting). Long press "Power button" not working. "Volume Down+Power" not working. When i connect the charger it vibrates single time, displays the charging level of battery but nothing else.

Please advise.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,193
Message 48 of 75

Re: Moto Z XT1650-03 Dead

Hi aquablue05,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. Have you tried leaving on the phone to the charger for at least an hour and try booting it up again? Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,175
Message 49 of 75

Hello Rich,

Thanks for considering my query and for your expert feedback.

I have tried to put my handset on charging (both turbo and normal) for more than hours but still I am unable to boot up (except that a single vibration and charging status on screen, when I connect the charger but after that black screen).

For Motorola Privacy option, I am not in position to check this, as the mobile is not booting up at all.

I have updated my profile as per instructions provided on Link.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,160
Message 50 of 75

Hi aquablue05,

Thanks for updating your profile. Is there any light indicator that the phone is taking a charge? Also, have you tried pressing and holding the power button while it's plugged to the charger?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support