Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kespiller
What's DOS?
Views: 4,666
Message 11 of 75

Re: Moto z shuts down full battery goes dead

I've charged it to 100% with the new charger.  I've had it on for 8 minutes.  It's down to 85% and says I only have 55 minutes left of battery life and it's getting hot.  **bleep**. 

I have no apps running.  This thing is quickly turning into an expensive paperweight.

Krobar_996
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,471
Message 12 of 75

I'm having the exact same problem.

I have a Moto z Droid and all of a sudden last week it started doing this. My Moto mod battery will deplete and the phone goes to 75% and shuts off. Sometimes it shuts off while the Moto mod battery still has a charge. It will just black out and won't turn on until I plug it in again.

However it does make for some very interesting battery graphs that are fun to look at.

PacoBell
Paper Tape
Views: 4,361
Message 13 of 75

My unlocked Moto Z directly from Motorola is not even a year old and it's experiencing the same catastrophic battery failure as the rest of you all. Won't hold a charge from 80% once the battery mod dies. Won't fully boot until the TurboCharger is plugged in (not even a fully capable USB-PD charger). If it's placed in the Incipio Car Dock when it's in this state, it just keeps power cycling over and over again. This is a train wreck, Lenovo! You've completely tarnished the Motorola brand with your incompetence, apathy, and silence about this obvious showstopper of an issue. If we can't even trust you to handle power mangement correctly, what hope is there for more complicated systems like the mods?

Inchhigh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,351
Message 14 of 75

I guess I never posted my end result. I sent the phone in for warranty replacement and got anotjer phone fairly quickly for free from Moto. I think its a refurb but works great. I keep a battery mod handy in case I need it but I haven't actually needed it yet (about two months?).  For the time being I'm happy to have a working phone again and pleased that Moto did something for my problem. I'm out of warranty now though so I just don't want to risk using the mod again if I can avoid it 

Tron32
What's DOS?
Views: 4,147
Message 15 of 75

Does it cost for the warranty replacement
NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 4,072
Message 16 of 75

@Krobar_996 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem.

I have a Moto z Droid and all of a sudden last week it started doing this. My Moto mod battery will deplete and the phone goes to 75% and shuts off. Sometimes it shuts off while the Moto mod battery still has a charge. It will just black out and won't turn on until I plug it in again.

However it does make for some very interesting battery graphs that are fun to look at.

Sorry to get off topic but I hate the fact that the 4g symbol does not have the line going through it anymore.

Primarch_Lion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,020
Message 17 of 75

How did you get here lol

I am also having this problem.  My phone is out of warranty unfortunately.  Now I have to make the decision to send in for an expensive battery replacement or to possibly destroy my phone doing it myself.  I had hoped that Moto mods would be a good alternative to replaceable batteries seeing as the latter is more or less extinct.  It seems they may destroy the battery even faster though.  Mine dies as soon as it is removed from the charger now.

PacoBell
Paper Tape
Views: 4,000
Message 18 of 75

Don't even bother DIY'ing a fix. You'll only end up throwing good money after bad. Just buy another device that has a more sane charging strategy and has a better quality cell. When I opened my Moto Z up, I discovered that the battery was leaking electrolyte and that I had actually destroyed my display in the process. Just don't.

Primarch_Lion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,986
Message 19 of 75

Thanks for the heads up. I have gotten inside my HTC M8 before but it was a real pain and I would be scared to try another. I may look for an LG V20, most recent phone with a removable battery now I believe.
Bryan97
Paper Tape
Views: 3,925
Message 20 of 75

My phone does this same thing, but has to do with what I'm doing on the phone, at ANY presentage if I open snapchat or Facebook, it turns off and and I get warning triangle and no restart, anything below 60 and I can't listen to music and send a text, every time it turns off from any presentage battery says 0, the other day at work to preserve battery I tried to turn my phone off and wile o was holding the lock bottom to power off the screen went black and battery was dead, this was at 6am right as I was starting my shift, I haven't even used the phone yet it just came off the charger and into my pocket, my battery is USELESS please help lenovo 

Top Kudoed Authors