Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,014
Message 61 of 75

Re: Moto Z XT1650-03 Dead

Hi AquaBlue05,

Thanks for trying. Are you using an SD card? If so, please try unmounting the SD and see if it will fix the issue. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

migilmor
What's DOS?
Views: 996
Message 62 of 75

Re: Moto z shuts down full battery goes dead

I find that my Moto Z shuts down at random battery levels.  Sometimes it restarts, when connected to recharger, battery indicator can range from near zero to almost the level it reported when it failed, like 75% charged.

Seems to me that the software reporting battery strenght may also be a issue, but hard to believe it is just a battery only problem.  THe sensory mechanism and or software are inconsistently reposting battery levels.

mz3ro
What's DOS?
Views: 935
Message 63 of 75

Hi Matt,

Thanks you for the suggested solution.

I would need to buy a new phone in order to submit my Moto Z for repair and would be expense too (Atleat that is what it means to me right now). What better alternative solutions do you have?

Appreciate your response!

msm5
Paper Tape
Views: 828
Message 64 of 75

I am also having this problem. The phone only works when plugged in. Once at 100%, I unplug it and it dies immediately. It is unfortunate that I have to pay a fee to have the phone repaired/replaced because it is out of warranty, as it is a known problem seemingly caused by the Oreo update. A problem that I did not cause nor any of us having this problem.

BrownSound
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 65 of 75

I have the exact same problems. This phone cost 700 bucks and there's no way something that expensive should have this many problems. No way. 

It literally cost more than a 55 inch TV and a TV last way longer than this POS phone.  

You sociopathic swindlers need stop this **bleep**. M

carrie4d
What's DOS?
Views: 780
Message 66 of 75

I've got an update!  my phone got so hot and went dead so much that the battery inside the phone expanded and lifted the screen off the phone.  Then today, I was helping a patient, and my phone fell out of my pocket.  Now it is busted and dead.  So, I decided to switch to spectrum mobile and give up Verizon.  I'm paying my moto off, and switching to samsung.  

Battery gets too hot and causes it to lose power quickly.  At least that's how I understand it...

good luck!

AquaBlue05
SCSI Port
Views: 736
Message 67 of 75

Guys!

Just started a Tweet war now...

Tagging all tech sites to tell the real picture of Moto/Lenovo...

Please like, comment and retweet...tagging all possible media sources related to mobile and technology...

Great idea...i have done it on Twitter..Hope that others will also do the same...

Here is the link to like, comment and retweet....more spreadings will have more affect...

https://twitter.com/manishkul05/status/1045903487463231488?s=19

Regards
AquaBlue05
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 694
Message 68 of 75

Hi msm5,

We recommend doing a battery calibration on this matter. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. If the issue persists then this could be a hardware related issue. We recommend sending the phone for repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Terptime
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 69 of 75

This is a great solution if you're under warranty and if you can be without your phone for a period of time. Otherwise, the cost for the Motorola problem is more than it's worth. There is a great solution, buy a different brand.
Unhappyuser2
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 70 of 75

I called Motorola, they want $150 they will send me a refurbished phone. In my opinion this is a faulty phone and should be recalled. I am not going to pay for something that is not my fault. Right now I've waisted enough of my time on a junk phone. This is my first and last motorola.

Top Kudoed Authors