Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Niaac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 983
Message 1 of 9

Motomod spacers/case adapter?

I was hoping the Moto Z had a mod-friendly case. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find one. I ordered the Incipo (sp?) wireless charging mod and would like to have a bumper around the sides. Perhaps Lenovo could produce a spacer to fit in between cases and moto mods?

Edit: For instance the hole in this case would be ideal for an OEM "shim" of sorts.

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 957
Message 2 of 9

Re: Motomod spacers/case adapter?

Did your moto not come with a bumper? Mine came with a transparent one along with a nylon fabric back shell

Bob_Niaac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 954
Message 3 of 9

Ahh, Mine's still crossing the pacific. Still, having a spacer/shim would allow casemakers like Lifeproof/Otterbux to incorporate them. Having a lifeproof case that I can still motomod? Yes, please.

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 952
Message 4 of 9

Speaking of spacer, I might put a paper spacer to cover the metal back of my phone when I get the jbl, I heard the mod can easily scratch it after some time

swejuggalo
Punch Card
Views: 870
Message 5 of 9

Havn't seen any of those... I always wondered why o many cases leave the contacts open as if they could be used just as before.

I've orded 2 of these to solve my problems.

https://www.incipio.com/cases/smartphone-cases/motorola-smartphone-cases/moto-z-droid-cases/moto-z-d...

Executor32
Punch Card
Views: 812
Message 6 of 9

@Jakeno: I wouldn't bother, I've had the JBL mod attached to mine pretty much 24/7 since launch, with no scratches whatsoever.
Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 808
Message 7 of 9

ok thanks

how much louder would you say the jbl is compared to the phone?

Executor32
Punch Card
Views: 801
Message 8 of 9

Several times louder at least, and you can actually hear some bass with it, unlike the piddly little built-in speaker. It's comparable to the standalone Bluetooth speakers you can get for other phones, with the benefit of being attached to the phone.

On that note, I've seen other people complain that unlike a Bluetooth speaker, you can't let your friends connect to it to play some tunes, but that's such a weird complaint. I mean, who even does that in real life?
Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 799
Message 9 of 9

yeah true lol
Top Kudoed Authors