Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffinld02
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 1 of 14

My Moto Z is broken after the update.

After I tapped on the new update for oreo my device just rebooted and went back to the system UI without showing the update animation. It also said, "com.android.phone has stopped working." I tried rebooting(which made it so I could at least go into the phone's UI) but I then found that my information was cleared such as fingerprints and Gmail. Also when I try to swipe down on the phone the navigation menu only to find that I can't even do that nor go into multitasking. I tried going to the settings and updating again but it doesn't even show the "System Updates" tab. Thank you for your time and effort. 

-Griffin

P.S. My phone is still on running Android N 7.1.1 or at least it says it does. I am going to try to do a factory reset and see if it helps.

jmiller8624
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 2 of 14

Re: My Moto Z is broken after the update.

I'm having a similar problem. After the update this morning, a "Bluetooth Keeps Stopping" alert stays up. I x out to close the app, still comes back. Okay, went into the apps to try to disable (never use it anyway) and it won't let me. Wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Can anyone out there in Motorola land help me before I set this thing on fire (which wouldn't take much cause it's running hot anyway)...thanks for any help...

jmiller8624
Fanfold Paper
Views: 912
Message 3 of 14

I'm having a similar problem. After the update this morning, a "Bluetooth Keeps Stopping" alert stays up. I x out to close the app, still comes back. Okay, went into the apps to try to disable (never use it anyway) and it won't let me. Wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Can anyone out there in Motorola land help me before I set this thing on fire (which wouldn't take much cause it's running hot anyway)...thanks for any help...
griffinld02
Paper Tape
Views: 911
Message 4 of 14

I did get everything working after I foctory reset but I highly doubt many users would want to factory reset their phones. 

jmiller8624
Fanfold Paper
Views: 907
Message 5 of 14

Curses...will have to look up factory reset procedures so I don't lose anything...thanks...

tester90
Serial Port
Views: 769
Message 6 of 14

This is not solved at all, you should remove the sign. It suggests a solution which is actually not there. Factory

Edit: Ok, factory reset, may be an option for some.

> Curses...will have to look up factory reset procedures so I don't lose anything...thanks...

Factory reset will make you lose everything. 

jmiller8624
Fanfold Paper
Views: 751
Message 7 of 14

Yup, did the factory reset and I'm sorry to say it's still there...love these long lasting phones...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 674
Message 8 of 14

Hi jmiller8624,

Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here.

Also, please provide us a bug report. I will have our Product Team to take a look at it.

BUG REPORT FOR BLUETOOTH ISSUE
Let's see if we can figure out what's causing the disconnection.
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

skaledecker
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 520
Message 9 of 14

Mine was doing it in Android 7.1.1, and after the Android 8 update, it's even worse - phone can't even be used because of the "Bluetooth keeps stopping" pop-up message.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 422
Message 10 of 14

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to verify, are we still on this thread? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors