Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghav1702
What's DOS?
Views: 27,486
Message 1 of 122

My new Moto z WiFi is not working at all

I am facing this problem even after both noughat updates my WiFi is still not working it is not able to detect any connection and also is not able to on itself same goes for my hotspot as well, provide me with solution if possible.

elola
Paper Tape
Views: 26,820
Message 2 of 122

Re: My new Moto z WiFi is not working at all

@Raghav1702 wrote:

I am facing this problem even after both noughat updates my WiFi is still not working it is not able to detect any connection and also is not able to on itself same goes for my hotspot as well, provide me with solution if possible.

I'm having the same problem as well, it happened the day after I updated my software, I've had the phone since November and had no issues prior. I'm guessing it's something related to the update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 26,810
Message 3 of 122

@Raghav1702 wrote:

Hello Raghav1702,

It's advisable to wipe the cache partition of the device after a software update. Please follow the steps on this link. Let us know what happens.

Would you also please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 26,809
Message 4 of 122

@elola wrote:

@Raghav1702 wrote:

I'm having the same problem as well, it happened the day after I updated my software, I've had the phone since November and had no issues prior. I'm guessing it's something related to the update.

Hi elola,

Please clear the phone's cache partition as well, then let us know what happens. Clear cache partition steps can be found here.

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Falcor1313
What's DOS?
Views: 26,727
Message 5 of 122

I just got this phone yesterday, and when I swipe to turn the wifi on after a few moments or if I flip back to see if there are any networks it turns wifi off, I did factory reset, did update and cleared the cache and still no luck in having the wifi stay on

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 26,685
Message 6 of 122

@Falcor1313 wrote:

I just got this phone yesterday, and when I swipe to turn the wifi on after a few moments or if I flip back to see if there are any networks it turns wifi off, I did factory reset, did update and cleared the cache and still no luck in having the wifi stay on

Hi Falcor1313,

If clearing cache didn't work, you may try to reset network settings. Go to Settings> Backup and Reset> Reset Network Settings and see if that works.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 26,611
Message 7 of 122

@Raghav1702 wrote:

Hi Raghav1702,

I just want to verify if you were able to follow the steps we provided and if the issue was resolved? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Regards,
Anne
Motorola Support

TobyKJ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,594
Message 8 of 122

I received my Moto Z just a couple of days ago and updated the phone instantly to Nougat - had the same problem, but when I changed it to the 5 GHZ Wi-fi on my router it seemed to have helped and I haven't experienced any problems since. 

yogas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,460
Message 9 of 122

still no luck...cant turn wifi on and error on portable wifi hotspot

yogas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26,459
Message 10 of 122

done that and still no luck...cant turn wifi on and error on portable wifi hotspot

Top Kudoed Authors