Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Rahul1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 872
Message 91 of 122

Re: My new Moto z WiFi is not working at all

Nothing works... and repair center wants God knows how much time to get the motherboard changed???Repair center kept my phone for 5 days and returned it back saying parts are not available and they need more time??? I mean if the problem is so consistent ...why there is no solution to it... And on top of it why these faulty handsets are being sold in market to harass customers??? Moto should exchange these phones
.. bought the phone on 2nd October and suffering since then.... Pathetic service overall feels like got cheated.
Benc2018
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 92 of 122

HI 

I tried to wipe the cache partition of the device after a software update as it's been advised. but still have difficulty to get conected ti WIFI. please help! I already update my profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of my phone.

thanks

Benc2018
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 93 of 122

HI Matt

I tried to wipe the cache partition of the device after a software update as it's been advised. but still have difficulty to get conected ti WIFI. please help! I already update my profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of my phone.

Thanks

enigmamia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 726
Message 94 of 122

WIPING CACHE DOESN'T WORK. IVE tried that suggestion and everyone many times! FIX THIS! I need a phone that works. or give me my money back. please!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 721
Message 95 of 122

Hi All,

We are sorry for the ongoing issues, Please try this:-

Please switch your routers to WPA/WPA2 security as there is no known issue with this type of network and it's much more secure than WEP/PEAP.

Please let us know if this helps?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Tammyc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 647
Message 96 of 122

Mine did the same after the last update. Motorola sent a new phone that required an update and it did it sgsin. I have a tier 3 appt today to discuss the programming issue

Tammyc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 647
Message 97 of 122

This has been highly ineffective and has been referred to tier 3 to be addressed

mwmmikey
Punch Card
Views: 641
Message 98 of 122

@Tammyc wrote:

Mine did the same after the last update. Motorola sent a new phone that required an update and it did it sgsin. I have a tier 3 appt today to discuss the programming issue

I defer the update every week. Too risky. I will continue to defer until they've introduced a fix (highly unlikely since I believe this is a hardware issue with the wifi radios they used in this device).

The WIFI and Bluetooth with the Moto Z had been glitchy since day 1. Dare I say weak and unreliable.

Now, IF I was within the 1 year manufacturer warranty period I would update... Then if the WiFi radio burns out I could just return for a replacement.

I've been a Moto loyalist since the Razr. But after my significant other and myself have had this WiFi issue I think my next device will be with another manufacturer.

Unfortunate but true.

enigmamia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 637
Message 99 of 122

I finally agreed to let Motorola send me a "like new" replacement. I just got it yesterday, and it already had the 7.1.1 update and SO FAR the WiFi is working fine. I testing it along side the old phone at my house where I knew the old one was never getting WiFi. And the old one did not, but the new one did get WiFi and did not chop out. But that is just a couple hours of testing in that one location. Crossing fingers... So far so good. I had been suffering since last October when I bought the phone.
Tammyc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 624
Message 100 of 122

I just got through with tier 3 and they were able to fix me! Great guys! I found out that my router was wep protected and not supported by the phone since the update. I had to change security setting to wpa2 and it was like a golden light 💡. All is well now. I hope it helps

Top Kudoed Authors