Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,879
Message 41 of 122

Re: Wifi not working on moto z

Hi Everyone,

I understand you want this report to be fixed. I appreciate all things you tried especially troubleshooting steps which were exhausted. If all things have been tried, that's the time we suggest customers sending their device for repair to have it fixed.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Crisv
What's DOS?
Views: 2,833
Message 42 of 122

Re: My new Moto z WiFi is not working at all

I have use my wifi before but it suddenly not working at all..I also wipe the cache partition. I also reset all network settings and the factory reset. It still doesn't work. Kindly help me. With problems.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,810
Message 43 of 122

@Crisv wrote:
I have use my wifi before but it suddenly not working at all..I also wipe the cache partition. I also reset all network settings and the factory reset. It still doesn't work. Kindly help me. With problems.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

-JM

DarkCrow86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,801
Message 44 of 122

Re: Wifi not working on moto z

HAHAHAH, you guys are so funny,

lenovo: - "send your devide for repair"
customer: - "where?"

lenovo: - "not our problem, do what you can to find someone to fix it"

customer: - "in your written waranty that comes with the phone, you say that is your obligation to tell the costumer where and how much will the repair cost"

lenovo: - "..." (dosn't even answer and laught at the customers) 

-already 4 months waiting-

GMN1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,796
Message 45 of 122

So received the Moto Z yesterday from Amazon. Started it and already in the set-up-phase where you choose language, time, etc. I could not find any Wifi.

I continued without setting up the wifi during the set-up-phase, but also doing it manually via settings does not help: the device does not find any Wifi (and there are plenty here).

So then I read this thread and I did (1) a factory reset which didn't help and after that (2) I cleared the phone's cache partition following your steps which also didn't help.

So to me, this definitively looks like the well-knonw hardware-issue. Which means: sending device back.

I contacted Amazon but they told me they can only take the phone back and repay the money. So my question is: how to get this phone fixed?

FYI: I did not install any apps nor updates (which is logical, because I never had any data/wifi-connection), so it is a factory issue.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,794
Message 46 of 122

@GMN1 wrote:

So received the Moto Z yesterday from Amazon. Started it and already in the set-up-phase where you choose language, time, etc. I could not find any Wifi.

I continued without setting up the wifi during the set-up-phase, but also doing it manually via settings does not help: the device does not find any Wifi (and there are plenty here).

So then I read this thread and I did (1) a factory reset which didn't help and after that (2) I cleared the phone's cache partition following your steps which also didn't help.

So to me, this definitively looks like the well-knonw hardware-issue. Which means: sending device back.

I contacted Amazon but they told me they can only take the phone back and repay the money. So my question is: how to get this phone fixed?

FYI: I did not install any apps nor updates (which is logical, because I never had any data/wifi-connection), so it is a factory issue.

If you want to have your device repaired, follow the support link at the the top of the page and it will take you to region specific information after you answer some troubleshooting questions. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
DarkCrow86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,790
Message 47 of 122

No, it doesn't and after doing research myself and contact the biggest "repair center" of the entire country (which is at 7hs drive from my home btw, in Buenos Aires) they told me they don't fix it, so there is no repair center in Argentina and I still can't get an asnwer from Lenovo on where to repair my phone used by 5 days and that is useless since 4 months already... So please, don't lie to people, thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,786
Message 48 of 122

@DarkCrow86 wrote:

No, it doesn't and after doing research myself and contact the biggest "repair center" of the entire country (which is at 7hs drive from my home btw, in Buenos Aires) they told me they don't fix it, so there is no repair center in Argentina and I still can't get an asnwer from Lenovo on where to repair my phone used by 5 days and that is useless since 4 months already... So please, don't lie to people, thanks.

Did you purchase your phone in Argentina? Is it made for the Argentine market, or was it for another country/region?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
muddwilson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,443
Message 49 of 122

i have done all of the suggestions on this thread sans a factory reboot (seeing as how it helped literally no one), and when i went to call some form of technical support for some kind of human interaction and any kind of help other than "well youre SOL", i discovered that your technical support link conviniently doesnt work, im honestly surprised a company with so little reguard for the customer makes any money. cudos to your advertizing devision for being able to make horse manure glisten like gold. i wish you luck in your future endeavors.

sincerily pissed off

Mack

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,426
Message 50 of 122

@muddwilson wrote:

i have done all of the suggestions on this thread sans a factory reboot (seeing as how it helped literally no one), and when i went to call some form of technical support for some kind of human interaction and any kind of help other than "well youre SOL", i discovered that your technical support link conviniently doesnt work, im honestly surprised a company with so little reguard for the customer makes any money. cudos to your advertizing devision for being able to make horse manure glisten like gold. i wish you luck in your future endeavors.

sincerily pissed off

Mack

I am not sure what link you tried, but the links work for me.  

If a reset fails to fix it, then service is the next step.  As you should reset before sending your phone in for service, you should at least try it. 

If wifi doesnt turn on, then service is the next step. No one is hiding that, so i am not sure why you think the customer is unimportant.  But support will also tell you to reset as a final test. 

Top Kudoed Authors