Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enigmamia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,104
Message 71 of 122

new moto z, updates software to android 7 and now wifi doesn't work

I'm really lost. Bought new moto z play. it updated software to android 7. and i notice the wifi doesn't work in most rooms of the house. Only in room with the modem. I search on line and try things people suggest.. nothing works. I call motorola. They have no idea since none of the standard things makes wifi work. I get a new replacement phone. wifi is working for a day.. .I'm excited.... then the phone updates to android 7. Bam! now it doesn't work again. And it's killing me. I have tried the reset networks, clear cach, reset phone from scratch, other things suggested here from a year ago and nothing is working. This is so frustrating. I can't have a phone with no wifi ability. I need a real solution please!! This has clearly been a problem for many and for at least a year.. so there must be an answer.. help! I'll send you cookies (the yummy edible kind) if someone finds a solution fast before i have to return the phone to get my money back.

enigmamia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,020
Message 72 of 122

Re: My new Moto z WiFi is not working at all

did your new (like new) device work?? 

Flagg
Paper Tape
Views: 931
Message 73 of 122

Hi,

I have a similar problem written here. My Wifi doesn't work, Bluetooth works for me. The phone had the software-version NPLS26.118.20-5-3 (Android 7.1.1) - security release from 1. October 2017. 

I had no problems with the phone the last weaks. Yesterday I restarted the phone. Since the restart I have no Wifi anymore. The Wifi is in status "deactivate" - the Wifi doesn't find any Wifi-Spots.

I have tested the tips written in this thread:

- Restart my Router (other Smartphone-Internet-Acess work)

- Test with a iPhone-Hotspot (doesn't work)

- Test in another WLAN-location 

- Turn flightmode on / off (also restart with flightmode on)

- Cleard the cache-partition

- Checked for software-updates

- Reset the network-settings

The problem is, when I'm doing the factory reset all my installed apps are lost. I have only a data-volume by T-Mobile from 100 MB and without wifi-connection I can't make my Moto Z usable for me (install all needed apps).

The phone is bought this year April.

At the moment I didn't make a factory reset. Should I do this also? Is there a big chance that a factory reset solves my problem?

Best regards,

Reinhard

Flagg
Paper Tape
Views: 913
Message 74 of 122

Hi,

I have done a factory-reset. After the reset Wifi doesn't work for me. I have spoken with my reseller, he will send the phone back to Lenovo / Motorola.

Best regards,

Reinhard

Lauralauralaura
What's DOS?
Views: 810
Message 75 of 122

I wish I had read about this issue before updating my 2 years old Moto Z Pure phone. Updated and can't find a solution to enable WiFi. I have tried all the solutions mentioned here and still no WiFi. And it seems there is no solution. My only recourse now is to buy a new phone. Maybe this is Lenovo way of making your phones obsolete so you can buy another Moto phone. I can use data but I will eat up my 2GB allowance in a week. If that is the case, sayonara Moto.

ayyashayyash
Paper Tape
Views: 808
Message 76 of 122

I tried that, no luck, should I wait for an update, or should i throw this one away and get good old Galaxy?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 794
Message 77 of 122

@ayyashayyash wrote:

I tried that, no luck, should I wait for an update, or should i throw this one away and get good old Galaxy?

I am not sure what you tried - but if your wifi switch won't turn on and If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
spid-e-k
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 78 of 122

This is motherboard issue. You need send your phone to service.
I had to wait for parts more than 3 weeks... so I refund my phone to shop (i had this problem in brand new device). Moto Z seems to not good phone...

fizzm
Paper Tape
Views: 757
Message 79 of 122

Purchased a Moto Z earlier this week to replace my Moto X play which has developed an earpiece problem - love the phone great speed and look way better than in images and in review. The quick charge is great too but no WiFi or Bluetooth after spending hours trying to figure out found this thread and became a sad bunny :-(.  Sending back the Moto Z to Amazon. 

Would have bought Moto G5S or plus but no Compass feature in EU. All my Androids have been Motos had E4, Moto G Gen 2 as well and wish the quality control was better. 

ayyashayyash
Paper Tape
Views: 750
Message 80 of 122

I tried resetting cache (As first suggested), my mobile is a little less than 1 year old, I don't even know if I still have the invoice, but that's not the issue, why would the wifi stop working all of a sudden? I was tethering (like I always do), the mobile got hot a little bit, then the tethered hotspot was dropped... next thing I know I can't get wifi to work. That does not sound like a defect mobile, it looks like either something went dead inside the phone, or an update killed something. If it is an update... when will it be fixed? If it is the former, then MotoZ is not worth the money i put in it.
Top Kudoed Authors