Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faelix
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 1 of 5

Options for USB C Audio.

Having the Moto Z, and being very happy with it, I have begun to look around for replacements for my Sennheiser Momentum In Ears. Of course to accomodate the USB C.

Now there really aren't many options on the market. There's Bluetooth of course, where the B&O H5s are an option. But preferring a cable, there aren't much to find. What's there, is usually to a lightning connector, leaving me worried, that if the USB C doesn't take over it will be a dead end (Which it really shouldn't be). So I have been looking at Shure, as their cables are detachable, and they sell separate cables, but no USB C yet as far as I can tell. Not sure if I can go third party here and look elsewhere.

So lets have this thread, to let each other know about our options. Write if something with USB C pops up.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,341
Message 2 of 5

Re: Options for USB C Audio.

@Faelix wrote:

Having the Moto Z, and being very happy with it, I have begun to look around for replacements for my Sennheiser Momentum In Ears. Of course to accomodate the USB C.

Now there really aren't many options on the market. There's Bluetooth of course, where the B&O H5s are an option. But preferring a cable, there aren't much to find. What's there, is usually to a lightning connector, leaving me worried, that if the USB C doesn't take over it will be a dead end (Which it really shouldn't be). So I have been looking at Shure, as their cables are detachable, and they sell separate cables, but no USB C yet as far as I can tell. Not sure if I can go third party here and look elsewhere.

So lets have this thread, to let each other know about our options. Write if something with USB C pops up.

Hi Faelix,

Thanks for your interest. Does your phone come with a dongle? That's the one that you can try for you to use headphones or any other headset to the phone. You may try to search from any other stores but can't guarantee it may work with the phone. Not that sure if there's already a dongle(like ours) from third party stores.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,323
Message 3 of 5

I think the trend has started in the Android world... HTC has a USB-C only port that requires an adapter

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-offering-free-usb-c-35mm-headphone-adapter-all-bolt-buyers

The real question though - do you really need USB-C headphones? I plan to use the adapter and maybe get an extra one or two. I don't think i want USB-C headphones unless computers finally do away with the 3.5mm jack. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
IONDUBAI
Paper Tape
Views: 1,179
Message 4 of 5

there are some makers that make USB-C earphones that are JBL reflect aware c and you will find them boundles with the HCT 10 in some cases and they are great noise cacellling earphones and they have an app that is used for the earphones where you can amake some adjustments,  also there is the LeTv earphones also they are USB-C and they are a big brand in China and making their way in countries overseas. these are some good choices for earphones that are direct 

fr4nk1yn
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 1,166
Message 5 of 5

The Sennheiser's just have a 3.5mm jack correct? Use the dongle. The Z's audio output is really good with a lot of dynamic range.

Also look for CDLA headphones.t hat have a built in DAC.

Type c took a hit with the note7 but it's the future.

Top Kudoed Authors