Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cuda1312
What's DOS?
Views: 1,341
Message 1 of 6

Overheating droid z2 force

my phone just started getting extremely hot when a charger is connected, even if it is powered off. It reached a point of discomfort to touch in about 1 minute.

It has been powered on and down several times with the same result.

Help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,303
Message 2 of 6

Re: Overheating droid z2 force

@Cuda1312 wrote:

my phone just started getting extremely hot when a charger is connected, even if it is powered off. It reached a point of discomfort to touch in about 1 minute.

It has been powered on and down several times with the same result.

Help

On the subject of heating, It is normal for the phone to heat up as it takes full advantage of its CPU (e.g. Games, Movies, Music, Phone calls). This will cause your device to feel hot. Even if you are not using the phone, there are applications that are still running in the background that may contribute to phone's rising temperature. Even a weak signal can make your phone much warmer, even without using it. Here are tips for Managing and Understanding a Warm or hot phone. Hope this helps.

If this is really troubling, then the next option would be service/repair.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

enginepartsguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,198
Message 3 of 6

Moto Z2 Force has started overheating since the update

My Moto Z2 Force has started overheating when being used, unplugged as well. It never did this until the update. It can be plugged in and will not overheat until you start using it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,095
Message 4 of 6

Re: Moto Z2 Force has started overheating since the update

Hi enginepartsguy,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to verify are you using the original charger of the phone? Also, please make sure to close all the apps properly when you're not using it, as well as turn off the wifi and Bluetooth when not in use. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

enginepartsguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,083
Message 5 of 6

Yes I am using the original turbo charger. It even overheats when unplugged. Whether plugged in or not it only overheats when being used. And yes it does overheat when unplugged and in use. Not using, no overheating whether plugged in or not. This did not happen until the Android 8.0 update that was received on 06-15-2018 at 11:41 am. This is not good!!!!

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi enginepartsguy,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to verify are you using the original charger of the phone? Also, please make sure to close all the apps properly when you're not using it, as well as turn off the wifi and Bluetooth when not in use. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,067
Message 6 of 6

Hi enginepartsguy,

Thanks for confirming. It looks like it's caused by an application. Please try uninstalling third-party apps that you seldom use and apps that are usually crashing. Have you updated your profile? I can further check with your permission. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors