cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damascus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,910
Message 1 of 6

Protective Cases with Mod Connector Holes... Why?

Greetings and Merry Christmas, Community!

Early apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere before, but my searches came up with ones regarding protective cases to house the mod themselves.

I just received my Moto Z Play and am curious why many of the protective cases available have a hole exposing the mod connectors when everything that I've read indicates that mods cannot be placed/connected over cases. I found several cases that I like but some have rectangular holes cut into them and I'm unsure whether there is presently a viable reason for me to consider one of these particular cases if none of the current mods will fit/connect through that space anyway.

Thank you in advance for any light that can be shed on this. Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,872
Message 2 of 6

Re: Protective Cases with Mod Connector Holes... Why?

@Damascus wrote:

Greetings and Merry Christmas, Community!

Early apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere before, but my searches came up with ones regarding protective cases to house the mod themselves.

I just received my Moto Z Play and am curious why many of the protective cases available have a hole exposing the mod connectors when everything that I've read indicates that mods cannot be placed/connected over cases. I found several cases that I like but some have rectangular holes cut into them and I'm unsure whether there is presently a viable reason for me to consider one of these particular cases if none of the current mods will fit/connect through that space anyway.

Thank you in advance for any light that can be shed on this. Smiley Happy

I think the connector holes are there because the case makers don't take time to understand the product. 

Without an attached Mod, the connectors are useless, and the case prevents a mod from attaching. So you just have to ignore the holes if you like the case. 

The only thing the mods will work over top of is some of the skins, but even that thickness makes the magnets less strong. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Damascus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,862
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the confirmation as it has been helpfully narrowed my scope. Much appreciated!

Fleshbits
Paper Tape
Views: 906
Message 4 of 6

Where can I find a case that will enclose the phone and the attached power pack mod? The power pack mod is virtually useless to me if I cannot use a protective case for my phone at the same time. I've dropped my phones far too often to take the risk.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 865
Message 5 of 6

Hi Fleshbits,

Thanks for posting. I think this one is from the third-party store only. We don't have a case that works for the phone while the mod is attached to it. Thanks for your feedback. I would love to pass this along to the Product Team.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

rlbowers03
What's DOS?
Views: 677
Message 6 of 6

As a long time fan of the Moto Z phones I can relate to the frustrations expressed here regarding the lack of support regarding protective cases that are compatible with the Mods.  I currently use a Bumper but it doesn't have a hole where the headphone jack is located. Grr... Frustrating!  I have the TurboPower Pack installed, but should I drop the phone the Mod comes off.  Please make a simple case to enclose these expensive items.  It simply Can't be that hard to do.

Ron

Top Kudoed Authors