Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

45 Posts

02-05-2015

India

34 Signins

360 Page Views

• Views: 360
  • Message 1 of 2

Re: Moto Z no longer recognizing SIM cards

2017-11-06, 10:04 AM

I too have the same problem with my Moto Z dual SIM. Till date Im trying to workaround as I cant afford to send the photo to service center. 

After uding data in LTE mode, sometimes, the signal went off or it says, SIM1 disabled. You need to eject the tray and re-insert it, see if the bar comes back. Sometimes, only the triangle bar comes with empty status. Still the carrier wont be detected. You need to switch off the mobile and turn it ON after 5seconds. Most of the times, I got my signal back. Keep the network mode as 2G unless you use data. If you use Volte for calls, then you are in soup. 

Remember, do not restart the mobile, manytimes, the workaround is, switch off and switch back on. Many times, I ran the Factory mode tests, I got SIM1 tray error with ICCID dont match. None of the Moto folks seem to care to respond to this issue. Most of my issues reported are unresolved. 

*edited title for clarity*

Options

6 Posts

09-19-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

188 Page Views

• Views: 188
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto E4 no longer recognizing SIM cards

2017-11-09, 7:46 AM

This problem has the potential to affect all Moto E4s on all carriers. It is not an issue with other phone models afaik.

The problem is due to a modem panic causing a kernel panic and will require a manufacturer's software release to resolve.

CarbonLiberty's solution does not always work for those affected by this.

Until the update is available, which is looking like late November/Early December, it is recommended that you contact Motocare directly about replacing the device or upgrading to a comparable model.

The problem is not with the SIM card. If you put the SIM card in another phone, it will work. If you put any other SIM card into your affected phone, it will not work.

Motorola engineering is aware of the issue. Whether their customer service is fully aware remains to be seen.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms