Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,781
Message 1 of 16

So my Z stopped Turbo Charging

I tried everything, I have a few certified QC 2.0 to 3.0 charges. They all stopped turbo charging my Z.. Yet my G4 Plus still works with all the chargers..So I tried doing a factory reset and I can't get pass the screen when I want to restore my phone..It shows me my devices and the Z is there but when I tap on screen it doesn't do anything...What can I do? I tried doing the hold power+volume down and it gets me to the menus, I tried doing the recovery and nothing works also tried the factory reset option and still stuck with the screen I can't get passed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,773
Message 2 of 16

Re: So my Z stopped Turbo Charging

The technology behind turbo charging on the Z is proprietary to Moto.  A QC certified charger will charge the phone, but at normal speeds.  Only the Moto charger will charge the phone at turbo speeds.  Your G4 will work well with a certified QC charger.  The technology is different.

Someone else may have to chime in about the restore problem, because I don't use that feature.  When I do a factory reset, I do it because I want to set up everything from scratch.

Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,772
Message 3 of 16

Nope you are soooo wrong.. Cause my other older Moto phones TC with any certified QC 2.0 or 3.0.

Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,766
Message 4 of 16

First. The Z Turbo Charged fine with a QC 2.0 or 3.0 chargers. Second Moto doesn't sell chargers for your car...So what I am suppose to do about it huh?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,752
Message 5 of 16

The Z will charge with a QC charger, but not at turbo speeds.  This was not the case with prior models.  The Z is different.

You can use any car charger you wish, but not at turbo speeds.

Whether I'm right or wrong, though, we do our best in this forum to be courteous to one another.

Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,748
Message 6 of 16

I remembere I used to charge my Z with a Qualcomm device..I am not stupid you know.. Or else it would take 10 years to charge the phone..There is something wrong with this phone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,715
Message 7 of 16

Wait.  Do you have a Z?  Or a Z Play?

Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,713
Message 8 of 16

A unlocked Z

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,705
Message 9 of 16

@Pachi72 wrote:

I remembere I used to charge my Z with a Qualcomm device..I am not stupid you know.. Or else it would take 10 years to charge the phone..There is something wrong with this phone.

Hey, please don't take these responses personally. The moderator is just trying to help.

Moto Z uses TurboPower a Motorola technology which supports the standard for Type CUSB. USB-C does not support QC charging, but TurboPower delivers high charging rates via USB-C. Using the provided charger, Moto Z Droid can receive eight hours of charge in 15 minutes; Moto Z Droid Force can receive five hours charge in just five minutes.

You can use QC chargers with the Moto Z Droids but for optimal charging speed the Motorola supplied inbox charger will provide the fastest charging times.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 1,702
Message 10 of 16

I wasn't taking it personally. IF I did then I apoligies. But when I got the phone it quick Turbo Charge with any certified QC charger.

Top Kudoed Authors