Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radsaq
HDMI
Views: 443
Message 11 of 16

Re: So my Z stopped Turbo Charging

@Pachi72 wrote:

I wasn't taking it personally. IF I did then I apoligies. But when I got the phone it quick Turbo Charge with any certified QC charger.

You are mistaken.

However, the technology is also not proprietary to Moto. USB-C chargers that support USB-PD will quick charge the Moto Z, meaning devices that are compatible with the Nexus 5X/6P (and some other newer USB-C devices) will do it.

Pachi72
Serial Port
Views: 440
Message 12 of 16

So a USB-C chargers that support USB-PD will Turbo Charge any Moto phone? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 426
Message 13 of 16

@radsaq wrote:

@Pachi72 wrote:

I wasn't taking it personally. IF I did then I apoligies. But when I got the phone it quick Turbo Charge with any certified QC charger.

You are mistaken.

However, the technology is also not proprietary to Moto. USB-C chargers that support USB-PD will quick charge the Moto Z, meaning devices that are compatible with the Nexus 5X/6P (and some other newer USB-C devices) will do it.

Please review the post by the forum manager, Matt, which says, "Moto Z uses TurboPower a Motorola technology..."

There have been some issues with 5X/6P chargers, but I don't know if the same issues exist with third party chargers.

radsaq
HDMI
Views: 424
Message 14 of 16

USB-C chargers that do USB-PD should work with Moto Z devices, but it's tricky because it's also possible for cables to be out of spec or lack the compliant identification chip which may cause strange issues or prevent higher current charging, so it's hard to make any guarantees. Smiley Sad Honestly it's a bit of a minefield and I hope things improve in the future.

radsaq
HDMI
Views: 420
Message 15 of 16

@crystallet wrote:

@radsaq wrote:

@Pachi72 wrote:

You are mistaken.

Please review the post by the forum manager, Matt, which says, "Moto Z uses TurboPower a Motorola technology..."

There have been some issues with 5X/6P chargers, but I don't know if the same issues exist with third party chargers.

And the next part of that sentence was "which supports the standard for Type USB". Key word being "standard".

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 416
Message 16 of 16

@radsaq wrote:

@crystallet wrote:

@radsaq wrote:

@Pachi72 wrote:

You are mistaken.

And the next part of that sentence was "which supports the standard for Type USB". Key word being "standard".

Sorry, but we can't assume that any charger that supports USB-PD will charge at the same rate as the in-box charger since the technology is proprietary (which is why I cut the quote short).  It could, but we don't know that for sure without testing.

Top Kudoed Authors