SCSI Port
Views: 489
Message 1 of 7

Sony "Trumps" Motorola (no pun,haha)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 473
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony "Trumps" Motorola (no pun,haha)

@showtdog17 wrote:

Guess whos getting Android 7 first, Its not Moto folks!!!

http://www.hngn.com/articles/213875/20161026/android-7-0-nougat-update-sony-xperia-z5-x-series.htm

I read the article. I don't see any dates, just speculation. 

Until it is out, it is not out, right?

Also, Sony phones were part of the N beta testing, so I would expect they would be first - they had months to beta test with live users. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
showtdog17
SCSI Port
Views: 470
Message 3 of 7

Im Sony and Moto all the way till the end. If its neither i aint got it or dont want it....

Heres a clip from one of the paragraphs:
These devices will be upgraded from Marshmallow to Nougat before October 2016 ends.

Sony hasnt failed to update Any of my products i have with them on time so ima have to blieve that they will have it within ^ days.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 467
Message 4 of 7

@showtdog17 wrote:

Im Sony and Moto all the way till the end. If its neither i aint got it or dont want it....

Heres a clip from one of the paragraphs:
These devices will be upgraded from Marshmallow to Nougat before October 2016 ends.

Sony hasnt failed to update Any of my products i have with them on time so ima have to blieve that they will have it within ^ days.

If they do, then they will win the prize. I am not sure what that prize will be. 

They have not had a good record in the past, so maybe they are trying to turn things around. I used to be a huge sony fan, but that was to many years ago. They seemed to have lost their way for a long time. Maybe they are on the way back. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
showtdog17
SCSI Port
Views: 460
Message 5 of 7

At least they show a time frame.... If we had one we'd get that "prize" u think!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 451
Message 6 of 7

@showtdog17 wrote:

At least they show a time frame.... If we had one we'd get that "prize" u think!!!

Maybe. The article you reference links to another article that links to a leaked roadmap from June. 

Nowhere do i see a Sony source that has any dates specified.

This "news" feels a lot like the news that the G4 update was rolling out. Based on the data i see, I would bet money that there will not be an Android N release by Sony in October 2016. 

showtdog17
SCSI Port
Views: 445
Message 7 of 7

I aint gonna lie but that rumor sucked cause i thought we were gonna have it soon so that was a "Buzz Kill." Lost cause. And why is India getting it first when they jus got the devices a few weeks ago?(cricket cricket) We shall see if Sony fulfills it "predicted date" to its mobile users which is better than "Soon, please check back" message that we get.

Top Kudoed Authors