Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IONDUBAI
Paper Tape
Views: 16,668
Message 1 of 4

Swapping Back and Recent Buttons and other configurations

I just got a Moto Z in Dubai and I am using it for a while and noticed that there is no option for swapping the two buttons so we are left with only this configration and for people who are lft handed as me this is a real concen that can be an easy update fix from Motorolla and hard to do from my side. Also can we actually change or add anything on the quick setting drop menu? there is no way to actually see that. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 16,642
Message 2 of 4

Re: Swapping Back and Recent Buttons and other configurations

@IONDUBAI wrote:

I just got a Moto Z in Dubai and I am using it for a while and noticed that there is no option for swapping the two buttons so we are left with only this configration and for people who are lft handed as me this is a real concen that can be an easy update fix from Motorolla and hard to do from my side. Also can we actually change or add anything on the quick setting drop menu? there is no way to actually see that. 

Switching the buttons has never been an option on stock android.  Maybe a different launcher can do this. Like Nova.

As for quick toggles, if you enable "system ui tuner" (long press gear icon near quick toggles, may require developer mode) then you can add some tiles. Android 7 adds more functionality to quick toggles. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
IONDUBAI
Paper Tape
Views: 16,638
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, you are right in terms of it has not been an option in stock android but since this is not completly stock this can be added ea mentioned easily from their side and not from ours. Nova and other launchers dont swap the buttons. as for the adding to the the quick settings ill have to check. this is the first time i get a motorolla and i do love the stock feel but small features like this make life easier for all users and makes the phone appealing. you can find these things on other phones with minimal changes on stock android like oneplus for example but most andoid phone have this as an option. Also sice its just on the screen there is no harm to have these options for people like me.  

IONDUBAI
Paper Tape
Views: 16,585
Message 4 of 4

It seems we are stuck with this layout and also the other part that i listed that we cannot turn off full screen album covers on anything we listen to. as nice as the phone is the bottom part of the phone is unused with the exeption of the fingerprint button and not being able to change the navigation bar is really strange i wanted a fully pure android phone i would get another phone and not this. I hope that there is way that we get minor modifcations on the phone to get appleaed by more people. 

Top Kudoed Authors