Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odell
What's DOS?
Views: 1,481
Message 11 of 50

Re: Swollen battery on my Moto Z

Yes,that's what ill do. Funny thing is that the service center folks, advised me to use it until the batrbat arrives.

I just find that extremely risky however wanted to see if anyone from the community can share insights 

ncamaraljr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,349
Message 12 of 50

Hello   My Moto Z which was purchased less than a year ago has gotten a swollen battery. Motorola told me to send it to warranty , that was done and now I'm having the same issue, once again. If I try to push the screen back into the frame it will pop right back up. I really hope there's no fire hazard.    IMEI: *removed* IMEI: *removed* Atenciosamente, *removed*                    

*removed*

Edited: for privacy

Corgiboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,338
Message 13 of 50

Mine did it as well, about 18 months into owning the phone. Battery warranty had expired, and I had no insurance, as I take really good care of my phone(s). Verizon was of no help...told me to contact Motorola. I did, and they sent me a brand new phone of the same model for $150...which is actually less than it would have cost me for 18 months of insurance. I've had Moto phones for many years now, as they have the best antennas for signal. I would contact Motorola, be nice, and patient, and you'll hopefully get the same treatment I recieved. 

Corgiboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,336
Message 14 of 50

Motorola told me there is no fire danger unless the battery is actually submerged or punctured. Nonetheless, I replaced it ASAP.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,285
Message 15 of 50

Hi Corgiboy,

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to about that. I'd like to confirm, have you already replaced your phone? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Corgiboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,270
Message 16 of 50

I contacted Motorola and they replaced my phone (out of warranty for the battery) for ~$150. It should be noted that if I had purchased insurance through Verizon at $13/mo, the cost of that insurance through the 18 months I had it would have exceeded this amount. Thank you, Motorola, for dealing with me on this issue. My new phone is doing fine. I have noticed others having this same issue...has a recall been issued for this problem?

ncamaraljr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,258
Message 17 of 50

Hi Corgiboy,,

My phone wasn't  replaced , theu replaced the Touch , nas again same issue. Very unhappy.

Email: *removed*

Edited: for privacy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,243
Message 18 of 50

Hi Corgiboy,

I'm glad to know about that. Thanks for confirming. 

Hi ncamaraljr,

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to know about that. Could you please provide us a sample picture? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ncamaraljr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,233
Message 19 of 50

Sure once I'm at home will take a picture!
Clarkjowers
What's DOS?
Views: 1,178
Message 20 of 50

I had the same issue. I was on vacation and noticed that my screen was pulling away from my phone. I was concerned for the safety of using it, and had only had the phone for 1 yr. I needed a phone so I went to the Verizon store in woodland Park Colorado. They said my phone had swollen to 2x normal and was at risk of exploding. The phone wasn't even paid off yet, so I had to pay it off $180, and pay on my new phone $140, and yes I went back with a Moto z2, I like the phone and the mods that my wife and I share with it. It just sucks that it wasn't covered under insurance, and it had this issue before it was paid off. This was just last week 2/5/2018. You would think motorolla would have sent a warning or recalled the phone if it was a Hazzard, someone could be injured from this.