Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lampkin71
Fanfold Paper
Views: 878
Message 41 of 50

Re: Swollen battery on my Moto Z

Moderator, please delete this and my follow up post  Accidentally posted in wrong forum.

Lampkin71
Fanfold Paper
Views: 852
Message 42 of 50

Ok.  For some reason I am unable to edit original post to include photos so here they are.

This device is on a flexlease from Sprint.  Do I need to take this in to Sprint or do I need to address it with Motorola/Lenovo?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 778
Message 43 of 50

@Lampkin71,

Just following up on this thread. Do you still have the phone with you or you have sent the phone for replacement? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Annaluna
Paper Tape
Views: 744
Message 44 of 50

•  

My childs GK40 battery expanded burnt their phone, it was too hot to pick up without protection, what if my child would have been holding their phone?

Miko3
What's DOS?
Views: 710
Message 45 of 50

This same thing just happened to my Moto z2 Play 4 days ago. I minute I was using it fine and then I put the phone down and about 20 minutes later I picked up the phone and the battery swelled and pushed the screen up from the frame. I have had it for 17 months and still owe $120 on my Verizon plan. I contacted Motorola and my option was to send in the phone and pay $125 for an exchange. I contacted Verizon and they recommended I dump the phone and pay it off and buy a new phone. I contacted a couple of cell phone repair services and they wanted from $60 to $100 to replace the battery, but could not guarantee the screen would not get damaged, which would cost about another $180. I didn't care for any of the options. So dissapointed that the battery didn't even last my payment plan. 

Kenlind
What's DOS?
Views: 566
Message 46 of 50

Is Motorola going to replace my phone

Royh1963
Punch Card
Views: 419
Message 47 of 50

I purchased My Z Play in June, 2017.

In December 2017, The battery bloated, separating the screen.  I had Moto Care plan, so it was replaced (with a deductable and advanced replacement fee.)

In June 2018, the replacement unit battery bloated and I again had to replace the Phone.  (With another deductable and advanced replacement fee.)

Now the newest unit has also bloated and requires replacement.  Now that the moto care term has expired, Customer care wants $125 + $25 for advance replacement. 

I have purchased 6 Moto phones for myself and my family over the recent years, and have never experienced a problem like this.  But how can this happen to me three times in less than 2 years?  I only use the Moto chargers or Moto mod car and wireless Mod to charge.

HaveBlue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 413
Message 48 of 50

There is zero clearance with the stock battery and they are cheap ones compared to what Motorola used to have. I put in an aftermarket battery and it was ever so slightly thinner so there is room to expand but it also has a bit less capacity that I notice.

BrSm
Blue Screen Again
Views: 285
Message 49 of 50

My phone did the exact same **removed**! I even spoke w/ a Motorola rep that agreed this was a problem w all Z2, Z3, & Z4s since they rely on the same overseas manufacturers... Yeah it's messed up 

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

CG13
What's DOS?
Views: 125
Message 50 of 50

I have had the moto z 2 since April of 2019 and now have the bulging screen issue, Verizon store just wants to use the insurance.  I think that is ridiculous.  There should be a certain level of accountability for a product that seems to have the "same problem" with so many people.  It is not an option to just send a phone off for repair when they are being used for operating a small business.  Will Motorola step up and make this right by sending a replacement phone and take the malfunctioning one back.  I think there are enough cases of this happening that it is not a rare situation.  Please advise.

Top Kudoed Authors