cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasesun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,683
Message 1 of 6

TurboPower 30 for Moto Z Droid Edition???

I just got the Moto Z Droid and it came with a TurboPower 15 wall adapter. Its 5v and 3amp. The TurboPower 30 is 5v and 5.7 amp, it comes with the Moto Z Force Droid. Can the Moto Z Droid handle the 5.7 amps and will it charge faster or is the circuitry in the Force different to handle those amps. 

According to Ampere I'm getting anywhere from 2200 to 2600 charging rate with the screen on. I see some people are getting over 5000 with there TurboPower 30 and the Force

thanks 

Jay

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,666
Message 2 of 6

Re: TurboPower 30 for Moto Z Droid Edition???

@jasesun wrote:

I just got the Moto Z Droid and it came with a TurboPower 15 wall adapter. Its 5v and 3amp. The TurboPower 30 is 5v and 5.7 amp, it comes with the Moto Z Force Droid. Can the Moto Z Droid handle the 5.7 amps and will it charge faster or is the circuitry in the Force different to handle those amps. 

According to Ampere I'm getting anywhere from 2200 to 2600 charging rate with the screen on. I see some people are getting over 5000 with there TurboPower 30 and the Force

thanks 

Jay

The phone should only draw the amps it can handle. Just like a home circuit is 15 or 20 amps, but we plug in appliances and lights that draw less then an amp. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jasesun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,662
Message 3 of 6

I agree, Im asking if the Z Droid is capable of using the 28,5 watts from the TurboPower 30 charger. Or will it only use the max 15 watts from the charger it comes with, the TurboPower 15

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,656
Message 4 of 6

@jasesun wrote:

I agree, Im asking if the Z Droid is capable of using the 28,5 watts from the TurboPower 30 charger. Or will it only use the max 15 watts from the charger it comes with, the TurboPower 15

That i dont know. I doubt it would provide much of an increase based on size of current batteries.  

If someone else has tested, maybe they will weigh in. I have used the amp apps and i am not convinced they are accurate at higher levels. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jasesun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,588
Message 5 of 6

From some more reading it seems the Moto Z Droid only askes for 15 watts (5volt, 3 amps), so while it can use the TurboPower 30 plug it won't gain an advantage from it. 

Also did alot of reading for a car charger. It seems to be a consensus that only car chargers that specify 

1)5 volt 3 amps will work for turbo

and

2) either have to have a hardwired usb-c cable or a usb-c port to use a usb-c to usb-c cable

A car charger with a usb-a port that uses a usb-a to usb-c cord will not work. Qualcomm QC 2.0 and 3.0 chargers will not TurboCharge a moto phone, as there adjust voltage and use usb-a to usb-c cables. 

Benson Leung, google engineer  only recommends the Belkin model car charges right now as they are USB-IF certified to do 3 amps at 5 volts. There are cheaper options on amazon but for the 10 dollars more I'll probably go with the belkin, also belkin has a 2500 dollar equipment insurance policy if you can prove the charger damaged your phone. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,583
Message 6 of 6

@jasesun wrote:

From some more reading it seems the Moto Z Droid only askes for 15 watts (5volt, 3 amps), so while it can use the TurboPower 30 plug it won't gain an advantage from it. 

Also did alot of reading for a car charger. It seems to be a consensus that only car chargers that specify 

1)5 volt 3 amps will work for turbo

and

2) either have to have a hardwired usb-c cable or a usb-c port to use a usb-c to usb-c cable

A car charger with a usb-a port that uses a usb-a to usb-c cord will not work. Qualcomm QC 2.0 and 3.0 chargers will not TurboCharge a moto phone, as there adjust voltage and use usb-a to usb-c cables. 

Benson Leung, google engineer  only recommends the Belkin model car charges right now as they are USB-IF certified to do 3 amps at 5 volts. There are cheaper options on amazon but for the 10 dollars more I'll probably go with the belkin, also belkin has a 2500 dollar equipment insurance policy if you can prove the charger damaged your phone. 

Yes, we have a few threads already on chargers - both car and home covered in great detail. 

But a regular charger with a usb-a port (car or home) will work, but only at normal charging speeds. Even if it is a 5volt/3amp charger, it doesn't have the extra pins that usb-c has. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors