Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 420
Message 1 of 3

Turbocharging minimum?

Is there a minimum threshold of watts that the moto z has to recieve before it starts turbocharging or does it have to specifically be at 5V/3A? I personally wouldn't think that 5V/2.4A wouldn't make too much of a difference in terms of charging times. The 5V/2.4A is from a USB type A to type C and the 5V/3A would be from type C to type C.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 400
Message 2 of 3

Re: Turbocharging minimum?

@NightcoreRaven wrote:

Is there a minimum threshold of watts that the moto z has to recieve before it starts turbocharging or does it have to specifically be at 5V/3A? I personally wouldn't think that 5V/2.4A wouldn't make too much of a difference in terms of charging times. The 5V/2.4A is from a USB type A to type C and the 5V/3A would be from type C to type C.

Please dont post in multiple threads. As i mentioned in the other thread, you are comparing apples to oranges. Your usb type charger will NOT turbo charge the Z. There is no data connection to control turbo charging as the usb-c spec doesnt allow usb-a data lines to be used. A usb-c cable has many more lines. Qualcomm's quick charge uses the usb-a data lines. That is your old quick charger.  There are 4 wires in that cable. Usb-c has 12 wires and your phone expects to see many of those to turbo charge. 

If you want to turbo charge, you need an end to end USB-c cable/charger. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
NightcoreRaven
HDMI
Views: 356
Message 3 of 3

Re: Turbocharging minimum?

I didn't see the other post until after I made this one.

Top Kudoed Authors