Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 292
Message 1 of 6

Unable to copy URLs

I am using a Verizon Moto Z updated to Oreo 8.0. All of a sudden I am no longer able to copy a link from a website, either by using the Copy Link menu option or by selecting "i" and doing a long press. When I select Copy Link, nothing happens or gets copied to the clipboard. When I select I and long press the URL, no option to copy pops up. "Share" usually works.

I am still able to use long-press to copy and paste text. 

I have updated Chrome.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 261
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to copy URLs

Hi Rosm2004,

Thanks for posting. If I understand you correctly, you can copy and paste any sort of text, but not with any URLs, and you can only copy the URL through "share" > copy to clipboard? Have you tried copying other URL? If so, let's try clearing the Chrome's cache (Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear Cache). Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 251
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

I can copy by using Share > Copy to clipboard but it seems that not every website gives the option to "copy to clipboard."  What doesn't work is the "Copy link" option - nothing happens. What also doesn't work is when I select the "i" to open the URL and long press on the URL - the copy/paste options do not pop up.

I have already tried clearing the Chrome cache, and also reinstalled Chrome with the update. I am now seeing "Share>Copy to clipboard" for most websites (I'm pretty sure I didn't always have that option with every website - when selecting "Share" it would make me select somewhere specific, such as Facebook or email, to share to). "Copy Link" and long pressing the URL still don't work, but as long as I have the "Copy to Clipboard" option it's okay.

And yes, in the browser I am able to use long press to copy and paste body text.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 229
Message 4 of 6

Hi Rosm2004,

Thanks for further explaining. May I know what are these sites? I'll try to replicate. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Rosm2004
SCSI Port
Views: 46
Message 5 of 6

Thanks. Verizon replaced the phone twice since then because of my other issue (swipe not working) and I no longer have the issue.
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 34
Message 6 of 6

Hi Rosm2004,

Thanks for getting back. Let me know if you need further help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors