Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z
All Forum Topics
Options

84 Posts

09-18-2017

Poland

206 Signins

888 Page Views

• Views: 888
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Warranty service - quality andy my feedback

2018-01-16, 6:57 AM
I think I got my phone because there were some small dents made by using bumper that came with phone - some dust got between bumper and phone resulting in it. I had photos of this and seems similar.
There was just not enough caution or protection to screen when assembled.

Also on support chat I learned that in service database there were different issues reported that I it was on request for repair attached by me to phone - they will probably check it as it's not directly Lenovo servicing phones but Regenersis/CTDI - I know from my past experience with HTC that Regenersis was able to destroy phone without repairing it.
Tom
Options

28 Posts

11-12-2017

South Africa

48 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 12 of 16

2018-01-16, 14:34 PM

I have booked my device in for repairs as well this morning with the retailer i purchased it from.  I have even showed them the issue and explained i did a factory reset around 3-4 times this past weekend as well just to make sure.

Funny enough, Regernisys (CTDI) is also the service agents in my country for Motorola handsets.  I am assuming the retailer will probably send the device through to them for the service call.

Will let you know how my experience goes when I do receive feedback or my device back.

Options

84 Posts

09-18-2017

Poland

206 Signins

888 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2018-01-16, 16:04 PM

I provided video, error log etc and asked support to give me new phone because past past 8 months more time phone had issues (reboots, BT issues, built in app FCs, battery) than was working normally. Now I want to give it to my wife but she's using BT for her smartwaches and without it it's still unusable.

What is interresting that my phone had discharged past last 2 days and after turning it on Wifi was off and BT worked well. Checked it for some time and was ok, so decided to wipe and log wife's account. Unfortunately problem is back, after reboot it sometimes works but seems that wifi traffic causes BT to go dead. Not sure about it but seems that it's related somehow.

Tom
Options

150 Posts

11-14-2016

United States of America

251 Signins

3652 Page Views

• Views: 3652
  • Message 14 of 16

2018-01-16, 18:14 PM

wrote:

I have latest update.
Interresting is that after factory reset without logging to google account BT works well - I was able to send 430MB file from my laptop without issues. But phone is usseless without all the services.
But when I log in to google account, even without enabling app backups etc after a while BT will not see any devices and MotoZ is not visible by other devices. If I switch BT off then it cannot be enabled.

Sometimes BT works for a while after reboot or clear cache but generally same story.

If i perform factory reset and skip all without putting gmail data it will work perfectly.

I called support, they asked technician about it and he said that this issue was already resolved by SW update, I shall go through troubleshooting steps from Moto website and if it will not help I shall send phone for repair (again). Support was really nice, I even asked about oreo test builds but they don't know anything and oreo shall be everywhere not later than July (probably latest step of distribution).

All the way to july? I would assume Oreo would be everywhere by the end of April if Moto was quick enough. 

Options

84 Posts

09-18-2017

Poland

206 Signins

888 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2018-01-16, 18:58 PM

I think that was latest possible date to finish upgrade, no real comittment from them.

Don't take this date as a rollout date.

Tom
Options

150 Posts

11-14-2016

United States of America

251 Signins

3652 Page Views

• Views: 3652
  • Message 16 of 16

2018-01-16, 18:59 PM

wrote:

I think that was latest possible date to finish upgrade, no real comittment from them.

Don't take this date as a rollout date.

Ohh I see yea should have expected that from them. Still that's a long time away. Hope it comes sooner than that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms