12-13-2016

IT

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 4

WiFi problem after nougat update

2016-12-13, 0:46 AM

So,  since I update my Moto Z (International version) to nougat, the WiFi stop working. Now I'll explain better: as soon as I turn on the WiFi the phone start scanning for networks. But, after it finds networks, it's going to automatically turn off the WiFi and re-enable it, all in the time of 1 or 2 sec. So, the phone will never been connected to a WiFi networks. Does someone has the same problem? And could someone help me solving that?

PS: I'm sorry if I've done grammatical mistakes ?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: WiFi problem after nougat update

2016-12-13, 2:04 AM

@OLucaThN wrote:

So,  since I update my Moto Z (International version) to nougat, the WiFi stop working. Now I'll explain better: as soon as I turn on the WiFi the phone start scanning for networks. But, after it finds networks, it's going to automatically turn off the WiFi and re-enable it, all in the time of 1 or 2 sec. So, the phone will never been connected to a WiFi networks. Does someone has the same problem? And could someone help me solving that?

PS: I'm sorry if I've done grammatical mistakes ?

Have you tried safe mode, cache clear or reset? It is not unusual for major updates to have update issues that require a reset. 

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375991

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

8 Posts

04-02-2017

US

14 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-04-02, 1:55 AM

Many Motorola cell phone owners received a notice to update their cell phone with the new Nougat update. I have a Moto G4.   I received my notice today, 04/01/2017.  Downloading the new software and installing it wasn't an issue.  However, I immediately realized I didn't have a WiFi connection in my home.  I first tried to rescan for a WiFi signal.  A few times the phone didn't locate any network and failed to display any available WiFi network.  When it started to display available networks, the two that I use in my home started to flicker. After a few tries, I finally was able to tap my displayed home network and retype my password.  It connected. However, the WiFi signal-strength icon stayed connected for only a few moments, then I lost the connection again.  All my other phones and tablets in my home stayed connected.  Via a cursory search for a solution to this problem on the Internet, I realized many other Motorola owners had the same problem.  I called my phone service provider and they had no solution other than to totally reset my phone to factory specs.  That was the last thing I wanted to do.

The Solution that worked. -- Resetting your Network Settings.   It's pretty simple and it worked for me.  Go to:

*  Settings

*  Backup & Reset

*  Network

*  Settings Reset

After you reset your network settings, you'll have to reestablish your WiFi connection by first scanning for a WiFi network, tap on the desired network; then you'll have to reenter your password.  Once, I did this, the connection stayed on and everything was back to normal.  To double check this solution, I restarted my Moto G4 and again the WiFi connection was on.  Remember, this reset also requires you to reset any Bluetooth device like your Bluetooth enabled car audio system for hands-free conversations. 

Good luck and I hope this helps a lot of Motorola owners.  For other solutions and advice, see:

http://www.androidcentral.com/common-moto-g4-and-g4-plus-problems-and-how-fix-them

Options

5 Posts

04-02-2017

US

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-04-02, 5:27 AM

I have exact same problem with my G4- and only after updating to Nougat 7.  VERY frustrating...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete