Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 544
Message 1 of 8

just received my moto z, however the moto display isnt working correctly

so initially the moto display was working fine and lighting up when it should do, but half way through transferring apps and data from my moto x force to it, i noticed the moto display quickly flashed and went off again

i have also noticed that on my force, there are 2 red sensors at the left and right of the bottom bezel. however on my Z, i only see 1 of these lighting up (the one on the right)

when i first received the phone i didnt check to see if they were both lighting up red, but all i know is the moto display gesture isnt working how it should do. ill wait for the apps to finish installing and will install the latest firmware and restart the phone to check.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 540
Message 2 of 8

Re: just received my moto z, however the moto display isnt working correctly

@Jakeno wrote:

so initially the moto display was working fine and lighting up when it should do, but half way through transferring apps and data from my moto x force to it, i noticed the moto display quickly flashed and went off again

i have also noticed that on my force, there are 2 red sensors at the left and right of the bottom bezel. however on my Z, i only see 1 of these lighting up (the one on the right)

when i first received the phone i didnt check to see if they were both lighting up red, but all i know is the moto display gesture isnt working how it should do. ill wait for the apps to finish installing and will install the latest firmware and restart the phone to check.

Hi Jakeno,

Let me know if the issue still persist after you restart the phone. If yes, please try to perform  safe mode and see if it works.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 493
Message 3 of 8

Yeah it still does it

Cool_Seaking
What's DOS?
Views: 449
Message 4 of 8

Not even safe mode corrects it, im beggining to think i got a faulty unit. The thing does turn on when you reach for the phone, but it turns off immediatly. Hope this is a software issue (it is up to date), im tired of guarantee processes (note 7 exowner).

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 447
Message 5 of 8

I looked in the reviews of the 'moto actions' app or whatever it's called, and it seems it has been a common issue since it updated

It can't be a hardware fault because it was working fine when I got my phone, but it got faulty when I was installing/optimising/updating app 90/130

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 440
Message 6 of 8

@Jakeno wrote:

I looked in the reviews of the 'moto actions' app or whatever it's called, and it seems it has been a common issue since it updated

It can't be a hardware fault because it was working fine when I got my phone, but it got faulty when I was installing/optimising/updating app 90/130

Hi Jakeno,

Please try to clear cache the Moto Application from the Settings. If it still doesn't work, try to clear the data of the Moto Application.

Please make sure as well that your Moto Display is enabled after clearing the cache and data of the Moto Application.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

radsaq
HDMI
Views: 428
Message 7 of 8

@Jakeno wrote:

Have you changed the animation duration scale under develop options? There are multiple threads (possibly on the Z Force forum) about this causing moto display to flash instead of fade.

(And yes, there's only one IR light on the bottom. It seems the configuration has been changed from two combined emitters/receivers to a receiver on one side and an emitter on the other side.)

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 424
Message 8 of 8

Yeah I had all animations off

It seems to work with animation scale x1.0

However on my x force it works without animation

I'll leave it like this and report my findings. I'll wipe my cache later if there are problems 

Top Kudoed Authors