cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snaptrax
Not applicable
Views: 1,368
Message 1 of 12

"Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

I have recieved this same message when booting my phone. It first occured last week while I was using my phone and then rebooted. I was not able to get a picture of it when it happened. On Sunday I went to use Android Pay and received an error message which caused me to believe this is causing more problems. When I got home I rebooted my phone and received the "Failed verification" message people are reporting here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Moto_Z_Force/page/1/thread-id/1249.

According to the forurm on the Moto Z Force if I was using a Verizon Moto Z Droind there's a way to but as I'm using the US GSM Unlocked Moto Z on AT&T I have not seen any postings about this issue. Please advise.

20170219_175338.jpg

MotorolaJess
Not applicable
Views: 1,338
Message 2 of 12

Re: "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

@snaptrax wrote:

I have recieved this same message when booting my phone. It first occured last week while I was using my phone and then rebooted. I was not able to get a picture of it when it happened. On Sunday I went to use Android Pay and received an error message which caused me to believe this is causing more problems. When I got home I rebooted my phone and received the "Failed verification" message people are reporting here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Moto_Z_Force/page/1/thread-id/1249.

According to the forurm on the Moto Z Force if I was using a Verizon Moto Z Droind there's a way to but as I'm using the US GSM Unlocked Moto Z on AT&T I have not seen any postings about this issue. Please advise.

20170219_175338.jpg

Hi snaptrax,

I appreciate you bring this to our attention. If your phone was purchased from Verizon or the phone is a Moto Z droid phone, you may use their Verizon Software Update Assistant tool to recover your phone. However, if the phone is not a Verizon or Droid phone, you may send your device to have it cable flash through a repair.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

snaptrax
Not applicable
Views: 1,334
Message 3 of 12

Re: "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" message upon boot

@moto_Jess wrote:

Hi snaptrax,

I appreciate you bring this to our attention. If your phone was purchased from Verizon or the phone is a Moto Z droid phone, you may use their Verizon Software Update Assistant tool to recover your phone. However, if the phone is not a Verizon or Droid phone, you may send your device to have it cable flash through a repair.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

So if I understand you, I will need to send my phone in to have this repaired. How long would that take and what's the process? I presume this would wipe my device and I would lose the information I currently have on it? Also, is there a cost associated with sending my device back to Motorola?

MotorolaJess
Not applicable
Views: 1,326
Message 4 of 12

@snaptrax wrote:

@moto_Jess wrote:

Hi snaptrax,

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

So if I understand you, I will need to send my phone in to have this repaired. How long would that take and what's the process? I presume this would wipe my device and I would lose the information I currently have on it? Also, is there a cost associated with sending my device back to Motorola?

Hi snaptrax,

May I ask where did you purchase the phone? Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

snaptrax
Not applicable
Views: 1,322
Message 5 of 12

@moto_Jess wrote:

@snaptrax wrote:

@moto_Jess wrote:

Hi snaptrax,

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

Hi snaptrax,

May I ask where did you purchase the phone? Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

I purchased my phone directly from Motorola's website. I have updated my information. There was not Moto Z Unlocked so selected Other Motorola Android Phone.

riosrain
Not applicable
Views: 1,299
Message 6 of 12

@snaptrax wrote:

@moto_Jess wrote:

@snaptrax wrote:

@moto_Jess wrote:

Hi snaptrax,

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

Hi snaptrax,

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Hi Jess,

I purchased my phone directly from Motorola's website. I have updated my information. There was not Moto Z Unlocked so selected Other Motorola Android Phone.

Hi Guys

I have reported the same problem and no one can tell me what happened with my phone even Moto Mx didn´t help me with this issue they told me that i tried to unlock the bootloader and i really dont know, whats the reason for them to say that, because i never try to modify the software and I have 24 days with an unusulfull phone. I have the same issue like snaptrax

Can one one help me because in Mexico, Moto technical Service broke off my phone and no one takes the responsability. it was a bad intervetion of the Moto Technical Service 

Regards

orrantia182
Not applicable
Views: 1,125
Message 7 of 12

i have the same problem sombody can help me?

riosrain
Not applicable
Views: 1,077
Message 8 of 12

Hi.

Could you find a solution about your phone issue?, Because I don't in Mexico.

Regards

MotorolaJess
Not applicable
Views: 1,018
Message 9 of 12

Hi Everyone,

If it happens that your device is a DROID or Verizon phone, you may use the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to try to repair the phone. If not, you may send your device for repair for the phone to have it cable flashed back to stock.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Lacovi
Not applicable
Views: 458
Message 10 of 12

@riosrain did you ever received a response for your case? 

Top Kudoed Authors