cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WayneLWN
Punch Card
Views: 412
Message 1 of 6

unprofessional Technician in Authorized Service Center. Where can complain and request compensation?

I sent my Moto Z XT1650-03 to a Motorola Authorized Service Center for warranty repair because of the battery drain fast after charged. 

They took 1 week for the inspection and repair, the mother board and battery was changed. 

The nightmare just begin, when i got my phone, i found that my screen was spoiled by their technician but they did not repair it. Please refer to the picture attached. White areas appeared at top and bottom of the screen, it can be seen when the screen is off. 

The reception told me that the technician realised it but not repair because they didn't get my permission yet.

I so surprised they spoiled my screen but not replace a new one for me until i found it when they inform me to collect my warranty repaired phone. REDICULOUS!!! 

Beside that, the screen was left a huge open gap. after i question them, they gave me the reason is the screen was fastened by glue without screw, press it back will do. REDICULOUS AGAIN! Please refer to the picture attached. 

At least, they promised will order a new screen to replace for me. I can take the phone back 1st until the screen is arrived.

Lastly, when i get back to car and inspect the phone again, i found out the front flash light was heated until irregular shape (became oval). SO REDICULOUS!!! Please refer to the picture attached.

If my phone send in repair without warranty, do I need to pay for the screen again??? Luckily my phone still under warranty!! SO SO SO REDICULOUS!!!

Better they just exchange a new set of Moto Z to me will do. The key components of the phone already get replaced (mother board, battery and screen "soon to be replaced"). Just the housing remain old. 

Authorised Service Center:

Lenovo Smartphone Carry In Center - One Service Republic (Johor Bahru)

33-01 & 33-02, Jalan Molek 1/5A, Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia

IMG_20160425_225838.jpgWhite area at bottom of the screenIMG_20160425_230229.jpgOpen gap of the screenIMG_20160425_230426.jpgHeated until Irregular shape (oval) of the flash lightIMG_20160425_230520.jpgWhite area at the top of the screen

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 380
Message 2 of 6

Re: unprofessional Technician in Authorized Service Center. Where can complain and request compensat

Hi WayneLWN,

This is not typical. We would like to get more information about your case. Please email your details to apsocial@motorola.com. Share the center's name and location and a copy of your job sheet or reference number. We want to help. We will properly escalate your concern.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

WayneLWN
Punch Card
Views: 293
Message 3 of 6

Re: unprofessional Technician in Authorized Service Center. Where can complain and request compensat

I sent my phone 2nd time to the service center on 24 Sept 2018, until 10 Oct 2018 they informed me to collect my repaired phone.

After I check on the phone, from eye seeing, the LCD was fastened well, however, when i press on the bottom left of the screen, there are sound coming out that the glue/fastener did not fasten well.

Besides, my flash light still in abnormal shape. They try to convince me that the flash light shape is like that since 2nd time I carry in the phone. I insist want them to replace for me because that was their fault in 1st time repair. 

I do contact Lenovo Motorola Customer Care feedback on my case and request 1 to 1 replacement since I really not happy and unsatisfied that my phone get repair and changed most of the parts of the phone. Its not original phone that I bought anymore and I worry on the quality of the phone afterward. Unforturnately, I still not yet get the reply from the Lenovo Motorola about my case. 

Until now, the phone still with service center.

I have been using Motorola phone several years, I hope Motorola will not dissappoint me on how they handle this case.

WayneLWN
Punch Card
Views: 305
Message 4 of 6

Motorola Local Team (Malaysia) Rejected My 1 to 1 Replacement Request! I Need A Good Explaination

In my previous post, I was not satisfied the repairing work done by a service center (Battery and Motherboard was replaced). when I got back my phone, a lot of problem on the phone. Technician spoiled my LCD and Flash LIght, and the LCD not fasten/ seal back properly. Please refer to the pictures attached.

I sent back my phone for second time repair as they promised replaced the LCD for me on 24 Sept 2018. A week later, I called to the service center ask for the status, they informed that they failed to fasten/seal the LCD, want me wait for another week as they order another new LCD and  fastener/seal. In the mean time, I called to Lenovo Customer Care to escalate an 1 to 1 replacement.

On 10 Oct 2018, the service center contacted me for repaired phone collection. When i get back the phone, i checked carfully, the LCD seem ok, however, i found out bottom left of the LCD not fastened/sealed properly, there are sticker sound coming out when i pressed on the bottom left of the LCD. Besides, my flash light still remain irregular shape that was spoiled by the technician in the 1st time repair. I left the phone at the service center and I called to the Lenovo Customer Care to update the status of dissatisfaction repair and mentioned I request for 1 to 1 replacement again.

Today morning, 18 Oct 2018, I received service center sms informed that my phone is ready for collection. In the afternoon, Lenovo Customer Care called me as well, to inform me that Malaysia Motorola Local Team already investigated on my case, the problem only on the flash light, they already sent the flash light to the service center for repair. They rejected my 1 to 1 replacement request. The Lenovo Motorola Customer Care also informed me that my phone's motherbaord was replaced, it is same as a new phone. I really feel like I was fooled.

The reason i raised the case for 1 to 1 replacement is I am not satisfied the quality of the repairing and I concerned on the phone quality as well. I am not satisfied the whole process of the repairing of the phone and how they try to cover up they spoiled my LCD and flash light.

The Motorola Local Team not even contact me before they make conclusion than I request replacement because of the flash light. So rediculous if I request replacement just because of the flash light.

Anyone can help me to solve on this case? I really not satisfied on how they repairing and handling my phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 219
Message 5 of 6

Re: Motorola Local Team (Malaysia) Rejected My 1 to 1 Replacement Request! I Need A Good Explainatio

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your sentiment and I know this could be a little frustrating. We have your case information and see your issue. I found out that you have been working with our escalations team towards the resolution of this concern. They are the proper team to handle this concern.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

WayneLWN
Punch Card
Views: 176
Message 6 of 6

Re: Motorola Local Team (Malaysia) Rejected My 1 to 1 Replacement Request! I Need A Good Explainatio

Dear Agent_JM,

Thank you for your reply. I hope the process wouldn't take it too long. I already without my phone more than a month, its really inconvinent. I hope I can get a reply from Motorola very soon.

Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors