cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 311
Message 1 of 6

updating some google apps (google +, etc) and notification setting starting glitching out

so i was updating some google apps, and testing out the fv5 camera app, (phone at 5%), and all of a sudden my phone started vibrating like crazy, just weird on-off vibrations as if someone was spamming a chat on messenger (which is what i thought it was). I then noticed at the action bar at the top that my notification settings were constantly changing - do not disturb to alarms only constantly for no reason, and it was vibrating. after a few seconds, it did randomly stop, but i seem suspicious of this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 281
Message 2 of 6

Re: updating some google apps (google +, etc) and notification setting starting glitching out

I'm not sure I'd do something that intense at 5%.  The phone could have been having an epileptic fit because it was going to drain too quickly.  Just a guess.

Draining the battery to zero is not a good idea, and Moto recommends against it.  It can damage the battery and/or its circuits.

If it happens again when the battery is fuller, then my guess is wrong.  At that point I'd check the reviews on your apps and see if anyone reports anything similar.  If you find nothing there, then we have to troubleshoot.

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 279
Message 3 of 6

Re: updating some google apps (google +, etc) and notification setting starting glitching out

OK that's a good point. I thought mobiles have a larger reservoir of battery than what the percentage suggests to stop the lithium exploding? So like if my phone battery goes flat then surely there is still some left in there to protect it?

Could it be malware? I'm sort of concerned but I'll make sure not to drain it completely next time, just thought that since the phone is new it needs proper charge cycles.

Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 276
Message 4 of 6

I would also mention that I have an Asus Zenwatch 1, which was on me at the time. I have noticed sometimes that my phone randomly goes to do not disturb off, but nothing as freaky as what happened earlier..

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 243
Message 5 of 6

@Jakeno wrote:

OK that's a good point. I thought mobiles have a larger reservoir of battery than what the percentage suggests to stop the lithium exploding? So like if my phone battery goes flat then surely there is still some left in there to protect it?

Could it be malware? I'm sort of concerned but I'll make sure not to drain it completely next time, just thought that since the phone is new it needs proper charge cycles.

I agree with Crystallet -- camera takes a surprising amount of power to launch. But let us know if you see this at high battery levels.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Jakeno
Serial Port
Views: 241
Message 6 of 6

ok ill let you know

have you seen/heard of this issue before?

Top Kudoed Authors