Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holyfire
Paper Tape
Views: 432
Message 1 of 3

volume slider

I have noticed that the volume slider on my Moto Z tends to move in steps rather than on a smooth linear slide. It does this whether using the display slider or the manual side volume controls when connected to media via bluetooth. 

It this issue inherent to Moto Z's, is it OS (Nougat) related, bluetooth issue, or something else? Is there a solution in the works or will a 3rd party app resolve?

Former Employee
Views: 394
Message 2 of 3

Re: volume slider

Hi Lynn,

Every Android we've checked has stepped audio increments, and seven steps is fairly common. Nexus 6 has seven as well. So, no, we don't expect this to change and it's not a bug.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 375
Message 3 of 3

Re: volume slider

@Holyfire wrote:

I have noticed that the volume slider on my Moto Z tends to move in steps rather than on a smooth linear slide. It does this whether using the display slider or the manual side volume controls when connected to media via bluetooth. 

It this issue inherent to Moto Z's, is it OS (Nougat) related, bluetooth issue, or something else? Is there a solution in the works or will a 3rd party app resolve?

The steps are more noticeable when connected to bt.  It is not abnormal, and often related to the limited increments of the bt device. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors