Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybot
Punch Card
Views: 369
Message 1 of 6

volume switches to max after being off overnight

Something weird thats been hapening to me since I got my z droid.  Sometimes I turn my phone off before I got to bed for multiple reasons, mostly so work cant get a hold of me Smiley Happy  When I turn it on in the morning the volume is set to max and I have to turn it down.  I normally leave the rigntone volume at half.  I can reproduce this every night.  Also if I turn the phone off and back on again right away it doesnt happen.  Seems to only happen if I leave it off overnight or for a extended period.  I havent tried booting into safe mode or factory reseting yet but was just curious if any other z owners are experiancing this or if someone could test it our for me to see if its just me or not?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 335
Message 2 of 6

Re: volume switches to max after being off overnight

@jaybot wrote:

Something weird thats been hapening to me since I got my z droid.  Sometimes I turn my phone off before I got to bed for multiple reasons, mostly so work cant get a hold of me Smiley Happy  When I turn it on in the morning the volume is set to max and I have to turn it down.  I normally leave the rigntone volume at half.  I can reproduce this every night.  Also if I turn the phone off and back on again right away it doesnt happen.  Seems to only happen if I leave it off overnight or for a extended period.  I havent tried booting into safe mode or factory reseting yet but was just curious if any other z owners are experiancing this or if someone could test it our for me to see if its just me or not?

Hi jaybot,

I just heard this case just now. Most of the time, the volume goes back to its default volume level if it happens that the phone is turned off for hours. Try to do a normal reboot of the phone and see if it has the same thing. If issues persist, try to do the last resort which is factory reset: http://bit.ly/2edomTF. Tell us how it works.

Jess
Motorola Support

jaybot
Punch Card
Views: 329
Message 3 of 6

Normal reboots are fine.  Only seems to happen if I turn it off for a few hours.  Typically overnight.  Is that the expected behavior?  I ask because Ive had a lot of motorola android based phones and none of them have ever done this.  Nothing critical just more of an annoyance.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 296
Message 4 of 6

@jaybot wrote:

Normal reboots are fine.  Only seems to happen if I turn it off for a few hours.  Typically overnight.  Is that the expected behavior?  I ask because Ive had a lot of motorola android based phones and none of them have ever done this.  Nothing critical just more of an annoyance.

Thanks for this. We're investigating. Please let me know if you have any other observations on this.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jaybot
Punch Card
Views: 290
Message 5 of 6

Will do. Thanks you guys! 

jaybot1
Token Ring
Views: 214
Message 6 of 6

Just followup FYI.  This was fixed with the 7.0 update.  Im no longer seeing this bug since the update.

Top Kudoed Authors