Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z3 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-21-2019

Argentina

4 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 11 of 18

Re:Android 10 Moto Z3 Play Cancelled

2020-09-16, 2:24 AM

For the price which Lenovo have selled the phone, Z3 Play should be updated to Android 10.

Also, costumers have been waiting for months for this update. It's really a joke. The release had been planed, but it was cancelled. It's really a joke to the costumer.

If Lenovo doesn't want to update Z3 Play, that's OK for me but I will never BUY another phone from this brand.

Options

2 Posts

12-11-2016

Romania

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 12 of 18

2020-09-20, 9:11 AM

I bought the new phone in December 2019 from Orange. I agree to go against the company.

Options

46 Posts

07-28-2015

United States of America

57 Signins

607 Page Views

• Views: 607
  • Message 13 of 18

2020-09-23, 5:00 AM

For all complaining we not getting Android 10, this is normal with Lenovo. They do not care.

You can check the other threads on the older phone models. This is not new to them.

They have been doing this for years. Even when there is a release, it is so late.  Android version could be in the market

for a year, before it will hit a Moto device.  I think it has to do with license cost with Google, its might me cheaper to release a version 

after a year or might be free as well.

Options

4485 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12853 Signins

187731 Page Views

• Views: 187731
  • Message 14 of 18

2020-09-23, 12:17 PM

@ T13 wrote:

I think it has to do with license cost with Google, its might me cheaper to release a version after a year or might be free as well.

That may be a factor. But consider that Moto and Lenovo introduce dozens of new phone models every year, each targeting a rather small niche or market. Each one is slightly different(*) and may need a slightly different version of the Android kernel and other base software. Moto/Lenovo then need to test every variant of this software with the corresponding models it runs on. This takes considerable time and costs a lot of money. It should be no surprise that they try to minimize all of this. And if a particular model doesn't sell well, then they have even more reason to stop supporting it ASAP.

By contrast companies like Google and Apple introduce only a few new models every year. They also sell huge volumes of those phones. It's a lot easier to develop, test and distribute updates to a relatively small number of products. It's also a lot easier for them to justify the costs of doing so.

None of this is an attempt to justify or defend what Moto and Lenovo are doing. [IMO it's a crazy way to run a business...] But it might help to explain why they're not updating their phones for as long as some other manufacturers.

(*) Don't get me started on the insanity of compounding all of this with variants of the same model that have different feature sets. For example a particular model that's sold in EU will have NFC, dual-SIMs, FM radio while the same model sold in North America lacks all of these features. So Moto/Lenovo have to test several variants of the same model. </RANT>

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

21 Posts

02-24-2017

United States of America

59 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 15 of 18

2020-09-24, 0:19 AM

Last Moto product I buy and will advise anyone I speak with to stay clear. Deceitful misrepresentation to market a product that way. Would be happy to join a class action knowing full well that the attorneys would get most of the money.

Should be easy pickings with all the digital evidence Moto has created sucking buyers in.

Options

1 Posts

01-09-2021

Brazil

5 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 16 of 18

2021-01-09, 17:51 PM

I have been using and buying Motorola's phones for 10 years.  I'm not lying saying that I convinced at least 7 people to do so.  Lenovo came and things got messed here and I'm disapointed. 

My device will not receive any security updates anymore? This is so dengerous! I feel unsafe using my phone that is not that old.

This is what I get in the Android's "Security & Location":

I will neve buy any Motorola or Lenovo product again.

Options

1 Posts

07-12-2021

Bulgaria

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 18

2021-07-12, 11:17 AM

the least is the lack of Android Auto in Android 9

Very inconvenient

Options

755 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

103 Signins

7934 Page Views

• Views: 7934
  • Message 18 of 18

2021-07-17, 17:21 PM

Hi @Papikar ,

I apologize if I responded to you a bit late. I will do my best to help.

Android Auto is compatible to Android phones running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher. You can search and download the app from the Play Store. I would also like to share with you that Android Auto is not available in all regions. You can check this page for additional information.

Regards,
Mary
Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms