Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 338
Message 11 of 19

Re: Bad quality photos

Hi Everyone,

Make sure that you set the megapixel to highest. The quality of the photo depends on the settings of the camera. It would also depends on the focus of the camera. Make sure prior to taking picture you handed the phone still so it won't cause blurriness. 

If the above rules met, kindly test it with videos. Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

dthatcher7
Punch Card
Views: 336
Message 12 of 19

Android Authority:
"Picture quality from the Z3 Play’s camera is average at best. I couldn’t help but feel underwhelmed by the results. In daylight or well-lit conditions, the camera performed acceptably, but colors lacked vibrancy and details weren’t sharp. The drop-off in quality is very significant in low light. Noise is very visible, colors are washed out, and highlights are severely overexposed. The camera also struggles to focus in dark conditions, which makes it difficult to get the shot you want sometimes."
(https://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-moto-z3-play-review-885207/)

Digital Trends:
"When you get into less than ideal lighting situations, the Moto Z3 Play’s image quality takes a hit. Details are fuzzy, there’s a lot of grain, and you need to stay still to avoid a blurry shot. The camera had trouble focusing in low light as well.
It’s in lower-light scenarios that you notice the failings of the camera app even more — it takes even longer to open, and the shutter button is slower to react, which means even blurrier photos. Forget ever trying to quickly snap a photo in the moment, because you’ll just end up wanting to delete it."
(https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/moto-z3-play-review/)

dthatcher7
Punch Card
Views: 333
Message 13 of 19

Download and make sure you are viewing pics at 100%:

Anyway here's a pic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6fSZXrixG_SMGpUtgLWjBO1AkjXGh3x/view?usp=sharing

Details on the front of the house are fuzzy

Another: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuQx184AxXhTr_wq7-QM_bvlVeN0oxA9/view?usp=sharing

Text on Samsung Chromebook boxes is fuzzy. Also boxes on top right of picture are blurry.

If you are really super still you can improve this but I was trying to be still in both of the above pictures but it evidently wasn't enough.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 282
Message 14 of 19

Hi dthatcher7,

Thanks for sharing a sample photos. I'll share this with my team.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Quantify
Punch Card
Views: 266
Message 15 of 19

1. The good news is that the poor low light picture quality is entirely fixable. Download a port of the pixel 3 camera for the Moto X4. Works like a charm. The actual sensor and lens on the Z3 Play are just fine .
dieorange
SCSI Port
Views: 178
Message 16 of 19

Yeah the photo quality is very very poor on my z3 play too. Seems there is something wrong with the camera Software. With a custom gcam mod apk is it WAY better. My Moto g1 do better Pictures as the z3 play. Only when using the Cam with sunshine are ok. But when taking a picture on a bright room (much light on) is terrible. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 140
Message 17 of 19

Hi dieorange,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you share us sample photos, so I can have the team check on it? Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

MentalAnguish
Punch Card
Views: 104
Message 18 of 19

Have you tried using a different camera app from the play store? I didn't have quite the same results as you experienced but in low light conditions the picture was pixelated, distorted a bit. I am using a different camera app now and have no issues even in low light. Have you noticed when taking a picture outside during the day ( of course, a sunny day) pictures turn out beautiful but with indoor or low light the pictures suck? I am a electronic design technician and take pictures of circuit boards or micro electronic components daily, so detail is a necessity to me. Unless there is a problem with your camera as in hardware then use your warranty but try other apps first.

Rueplumet55
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 19 of 19

Thanks so much I wouldn't have  thought of that!

Which camera app would you recommend me?

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors