Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mwemaxxowner
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 5

Drive Mode

Hi guys and gals.

I have a moto z3 play. Long time user of Moto something or another phones, and I love them. 

Lately, I have a minor annoying issue that I can't get to the bottom of. I've googled and searched all through my phone for settings that are responsible for this, but I can't seem to find it. 

While I'm driving, and when I'm running and using my Bluetooth headphones, my phone automatically reads out my text messages. Since I never know who I'm gonna be around or what sort of content might be in my messages, this makes me nervous. 

I've gathered it's related to drive Mode or Moto Assist( I think), but none of the steps I find online to access these to turn off or edit settings seem to work on my phone. 

I'm using ATT, but this is a phone I bought directly from Motorola. 

mwemaxxowner
Paper Tape
Views: 208
Message 2 of 5

Re: Drive Mode

Also, talk to me in Moto voice is not enabled.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 141
Message 3 of 5

Hi mwemaxxowner,

This is odd. Can you please check if Google Assistant is turned off (Google app > More > Settings > Voice > Voice Match > Toggle off Voice Match and all other options. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

mwemaxxowner
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 4 of 5

I just toggled it all off, but surely that shouldn't be necessary? I use OK Google extensively, especially while driving, and like to have the ability for it to work even while the screen is locked. 

I just re read my first post, and wanted to make sure part of it was clearer. When I'm driving, the phone is connected via Bluetooth to my truck. This is when it reads my messages aloud, and like I said while I'm out jogging connected to my wireless headphones. It also does it while I'm stationary connected to a different Bluetooth speaker. 

I've looked through my Bluetooth settings and don't see anything obvious. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 80
Message 5 of 5

Hi mwemaxxowner,

Hmm. Talk to Me is the only thing I could think of that can read messages aloud and automatic. Let's try resetting the Moto Voice (Settings > Apps > Moto Voice > Storage > Clear Data). Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors