Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geertcor11
What's DOS?
Views: 1,423
Message 1 of 16

Gps location issue

Hi I have a Z3 ,i noticed that the gps did find any satelite, tride everything ,agps download ,switching the phone off on,then i discovered when you switch off location in settings off and then on it works ,how is this possible

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,392
Message 2 of 16

Re: Gps location issue

Hi geertcor11,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. I'd like to make sure I got your concern correctly, are you having any issues finding the right location, like when you open Google Maps is it showing the right location? Are you having any error message? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

M1K
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 3 of 16

Moto Z3 Play GPS issue

Today my two weeks "old" Z3 Play lost GPS capability.

Yesterday was everything working and no system/security/app update occurred since (also no changes to settings).

Waze reports unable to connect to GPS (not sure if module or satellites), Google Maps Navigation shows searching for GPS and Moto Help failed to locate any satellite and ended with error message to contact support (this forum or twitter?). I've tried to restart the phone and all test were done outside with clear sky and no obstacles around (trees, buildings, etc).

What to do next? 

M1K
Paper Tape
Views: 968
Message 4 of 16

Hi, 

I've tried to search but somehow it didn't show this thread so I've created new but I think it's the same or similar issue. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z3-Play/Moto-Z3-Play-GPS-issue/m-p/4445904

You can merge it. 

guysp
What's DOS?
Views: 836
Message 5 of 16

I am experiencing the same issues, my phone suddenly cannot get a GPS lock. Very annoying when I use it daily with Android Auto. Have you found a fix?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 828
Message 6 of 16

Re: Moto Z3 Play GPS issue

Hi guysp,

Thanks for posting.  Can you please elaborate your concern? I'd like to help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

M1K
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 7 of 16

In my case it solved itself mysteriously like it appeared. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 775
Message 8 of 16

Hi guysp,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to confirm, what do you mean by GPS lock? Have you tried testing the GPS via Moto Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > GPS? This will help you detect satellites. Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Maupa
Paper Tape
Views: 610
Message 9 of 16

Moto Help -> Device diagnosis -> Hardware test -> GPS 

Reset to factory settings didnt helped neither. What i eed to do? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 597
Message 10 of 16

Hi Maupa,

Did you restore your apps after doing the factory data reset? We recommend not to restore any apps/files on reset so we can isolate the software as one of the factors causing this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors