Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamR0885
What's DOS?
Views: 931
Message 1 of 7

Latest Android Update Issues

My Moto Z3 play recently updated to Android 9, with the security patch level of April 1, 2019. I was looking forward to this update, but after the update, find the UI more difficult. One of my main frustrations is that the "do not disturb" setting on my phone no longer silences calls or notifications. Instead, I now need to push the phone level buttons (either up or down) and touch the bell icon to vibrate the phone and for a second time to silence the phone. I am not sure why there are two different setting control buttons now after the new update. Also, there is not 'dark theme' for menus like the settings menu when opened. The new update only controls the dark theme for the apps on the home page.

Will these differences be considered when updating the Android OS on these phones in the future? I would certainly prefer the old "Do not disturb" control button to have the same effect as before the upgrade. I have even spent some time in the settings menu changing what the "Do Not Disturb" button affects and to no avail.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 837
Message 2 of 7

Re: Latest Android Update Issues

Hi AdamR0885,

Thanks for posting and for your feedback. First, the volume buttons control only the Media volumes and there's no way to control the DND with the volume controls - but going into the Settings app and/or toggle the DND in the quick settings (swipe down the notification panel). Also, the dark mode for Moto Z3 Play will not darken the Settings. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AdamR0885
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 3 of 7

The dark theme settings, prior to updating to Android Pie, changed all the menu colors and the settings menu was black in background. Also, the DND button no longer silences my phone from call or rings. I selected DND and my phone still makes sounds when receiving text messages and phone calls from my contacts and non-contacts. I have not made any other changes after the update either, so I don't know why the DND button no longer functions as it used to prior to the update.

Former Employee
Views: 752
Message 4 of 7

@AdamR0885 wrote:

The dark theme settings, prior to updating to Android Pie, changed all the menu colors and the settings menu was black in background. Also, the DND button no longer silences my phone from call or rings. I selected DND and my phone still makes sounds when receiving text messages and phone calls from my contacts and non-contacts. I have not made any other changes after the update either, so I don't know why the DND button no longer functions as it used to prior to the update.

Thank you for the additional information. We have escalated this to one of our team who will further get in touch with you for further assistance.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Moto_LeNoNo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 409
Message 5 of 7

Hey, guys. 

I just installed Android 🥧 to my Moto Z3 Play a couple of days ago. I've noticed a couple of changes right off the bat:

1. Screen brightness is NOT so bright anymore, even at 50% without adaptive brightness setting engaged. I can normally set it to 30% to enhance battery conservation indoors and it still blinds me.

2. Audio loudness has definitely taken a hit, especially when using my favorite music player app for many years across many devices. I have to adjust the gain to reduce distortion, a feature I've never had to touch until now, but not a deal breaker.

3. The most annoying change that pretty much perplexed me to no end is the DND (Do Not Disturb) feature. Before pie, flawless. After pie, WTW?!

Unless there is a hidden setting that re-enables my screen lock sounds when I'm using Bluetooth, I can't tell if my phone screen is off without looking at it.

Anyone else experiencing these annoyances? I would love to hear your feedback.☺️

1Brbdyer
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 6 of 7

I also have the screen brightness issue! I never had to have mine past 25% before the update now it's all the way up to 85%! Sucks!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 214
Message 7 of 7

Hi 1Brbdyer,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to make sure, aren't you using adaptive brightness? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors