Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thirdeyetibe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 146
Message 1 of 6

Moto z3 apps crashing while charging

Hi I've had my Mother z3 play for about 9 months now and recently while I try to use my phone while it charges every app I used crashed in about 1 to 5 min of use it only happens when charging so I bought multiple Motorola chargers but it's the same problem with all of them. I've cleared all my app caches the only option left that o can think of is a factory reset but I wanted to ask here for help before I go through with all that trouble... p.s the problem it's not caused by over heating or throttling 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 134
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto z3 apps crashing while charging

Hi Thirdeyetibe,

Thanks for posting. Does it only happen with third-party apps? Try booting the phone and safe mode and see if it will happen there. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Thirdeyetibe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 120
Message 3 of 6

Unfortunately it happens with all apps, I've tried safe mode but it still happens with all apps. I forgot to mention that when my phone is charging the keyboard also doesn't work it just disappears and doesn't come back as well as the volume buttons stop working even in safe mode

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 81
Message 4 of 6

Hi Thirdeyetibe,

This is odd. Make sure everything is up to date, the software, and the apps. Otherwise, do a factory data reset without restore, back up your files before doing reset so you won't lose them. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Thirdeyetibe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 66
Message 5 of 6

I factory reset my phone and the issue still occurs disappointed I'm a big fan of the Moto z series I even bought all of the mods maybe it's a hardware issue with the phone itself

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 61
Message 6 of 6

Hi, Thirdeyetibe!

I could only imagine the frustration this has caused you. Did you happen to restore all of your files or install any apps right after resetting the phone? Also, can you please check if your software is up to date? 

Regards,
May
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors