Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfader
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 1 of 6

Moto z3Play freezes google map during a call

Hello,
on my z3play during a call, google map doesn't work (The G. map freeze the navigation).
When I stop the call, Google map, after a while, restart the navigation.

Do you know, how can I fix this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 203
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto z3Play freezes google map during a call

Hi alfader,

Thanks for posting. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Also, can you provide a screenshot of the Google Map when you encounter this behavior? Have the maps opened while walking, make sure it's working as normal, then make a phone call and let me know if it happens again. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

alfader
Paper Tape
Views: 170
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

thank you for your replay...

My profile is updated. Is ok for me if you look the apps in my phone. The motorola privacy are now on.

Regarding the screenshot, I tried to make it while I was driving, but I couldn't.

However here the issue: I'm driving and when I receive or make a call, the pointer stops and speed counter goes to zero. When I stop the call the pointer goes to the right position and the speed counter marks the right speed.For this reason I don't know if a screenshot can help you understand.

I'm looking forward to hearing about you.

Bye,

Alessandro

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 138
Message 4 of 6

Hi alfader,

Thanks for updating your profile. Let's try isolating this, and I'd like to reiterate some points; try replicating this while walking and not driving, it is dangerous to do any kinds of activities while driving and we don't want anything bad to happen. 

You can still use Google maps while walking - make a phone call - browse the internet. Let me know if you can surf the internet while on call. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
alfader
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 5 of 6

I've version #1026203244 of google map on my Phone.

I tried to use it while a walk during a call and it works.

Happy for this, I try to use it in my car to go in a new land. I try to make a call and it works, then i made a second call and it works...At the third call it faults (the speed counter doesn't work, and the pointer stops).

Could you please help me to understand the reason why it happens?

However I say you that the new function "live view" of the last version of google map doesnt't work on the z3play.

Every time that I try to use it during a walk,  the google map app unexpected ends.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 73
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Can you send a screenshot of how your cellular data icon when the Google maps fail? What's showing at the top of the signal (3g/4g/LTE) when it fails? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors