04-14-2020

US

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Newest patch broke Moto's flashlight feature

2020-11-14, 13:30 PM

It was never resolved.  Might have been the software update, but the software relies on sensors telling it about phone motion to do its thing, so it also might have been a hardware fail that just happened to occur right after that update.

Reason I say that....While waiting for help on this issue, I had just gotten a pocket flashlight and used the phone for everything else.  Then another issue popped up - the phone stopped knowing that I was on a call, kept the screen active so my ear would hit the 'end call' button during calls.  That's a deal-breaker.

I suspected that latter issue, which started well after the newest patch referred to above, was likely to be a hardware issue, so I did the device diagnostic in Moto Help.  That found faulty sensors.  The phone was a few months out of warranty and putting that kind of money into repairs did not make sense, so I got a new phone.

You may want to do the diagnostic to see if you may have sensor failures.  

That's all I have.  Good luck with your diagnosis/fix.

Options

2965 Posts

03-11-2019

US

664 Signins

50355 Page Views

• Views: 50355
  • Message 12 of 14

2020-11-17, 19:21 PM

Hi Joel9507,

I understand how you feel regarding this concern. Hope you can give us another chance in the future. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2020

CA

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-01-12, 21:01 PM

Am still having this problem. Both my motion and proximity sensor get jammed regularly. They will work fine for a couple minutes after restart, but once the motion/orientation sensor is accessed from anything other than system processes, I lose both the gyro and proximity sensor.

And I agree that this occured following latest update from Motorola. 

I will submit bug report. 

Options

2965 Posts

03-11-2019

US

664 Signins

50355 Page Views

• Views: 50355
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-01-13, 17:37 PM

@ BMo2K2 wrote:

Am still having this problem. Both my motion and proximity sensor get jammed regularly. They will work fine for a couple minutes after restart, but once the motion/orientation sensor is accessed from anything other than system processes, I lose both the gyro and proximity sensor.

And I agree that this occured following latest update from Motorola. 

I will submit bug report. 

Please send the bug report to us through private message by clicking on my profile.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms