Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z3 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-08-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 1 of 4

Phone needs a notification tone instead of using the ringtone for notifications

2019-04-08, 15:36 PM

Lenovo/Motorola,

I absolutely love my Z3 Play but I am a little annoyed with the fact that I need to silence the ringtone just to keep the notifications from making noise. 

Quite often I am doing something that I can stop for a phone call, but I cannot stop to look at my phone everytime a new notification happens.  I have many apps that I do not mind sending me notifications since notifications can usually wait for me to look at them later.  A phonecall from a trusted contact, however, usually cannot wait.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I would also like to see an option to set a text tone separately from both the ringtone and notification tone.  That would allow me to treat text messages the same as phone calls from trusted sources whenever I desire, but also treat them the same as notifications whenever I desire.

Sincerely,

Jennifer M. Montgomery

Options

39 Posts

02-17-2014

United States of America

83 Signins

1298 Page Views

• Views: 1298
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone needs a notification tone instead of using the ringtone for notifications

2019-04-08, 20:05 PM

You can setup separate sounds for ringtone, text, notification (might be dependent on which text app you use).  I use "Messages", and in the settings you pick Notifications-Advanced-Sound and choose either the default notification sound or another sound.

For notifications, you go to phone Settings-Sound and choose the Ringtone and the Notification sound separately.  Unfortunately, I believe the ringtone and notification volume are the same.

Options

Re: Phone needs a notification tone instead of using the ringtone for notifications

2019-04-09, 8:37 AM

wrote:

Lenovo/Motorola,

I absolutely love my Z3 Play but I am a little annoyed with the fact that I need to silence the ringtone just to keep the notifications from making noise. 

Quite often I am doing something that I can stop for a phone call, but I cannot stop to look at my phone everytime a new notification happens.  I have many apps that I do not mind sending me notifications since notifications can usually wait for me to look at them later.  A phonecall from a trusted contact, however, usually cannot wait.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I would also like to see an option to set a text tone separately from both the ringtone and notification tone.  That would allow me to treat text messages the same as phone calls from trusted sources whenever I desire, but also treat them the same as notifications whenever I desire.

Sincerely,

Jennifer M. Montgomery

Most apps that use sound or vibration for notification can be edited individually in their settings so check your email app and messaging app etc.

HTH :)

Options

84 Posts

12-12-2018

United States of America

489 Signins

3897 Page Views

• Views: 3897
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-04-09, 17:52 PM

I use a third party app called Flash Notification(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.istudio.flashnotification&hl=en_US). 

It allows you to set the tone length for vibrations/sound for messages/phone calls, etc. I also set it that when I get an email or phone call the phone vibrates and the rear camera flashes(I really do miss how older Androids used to have the little LED notification light in the front of the phone...why did phone manufacturers get rid of that for?). 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms