Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeEvaristo
Not applicable
Views: 125
Message 1 of 4

Pie Update - Revert to Oreo?

I got the Pie update a couple days ago. How can I revert back to Oreo? I'm on the Sprint network.

Google broke (intentionally, apparently) the ability to control the ringer volume with the physical volume button. I need that feature back, and can't use an app to do it because it must work while the phone is locked. This is unusable this way; I need this fixed ASAP. Please help, this is seriously irritating me to no end. I use that feature multiple times per day, and the extra steps to adjust ringer volume are extremely inconvenient.

Highlighted
Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 92
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pie Update - Revert to Oreo?

Hi JoeEvaristo,

Thanks for the post. Apparently, there's no native way to roll back to the previous OS. Part of the Pie feature, the volume buttons control the media volume by default. It's working as designed and you need to go to Settings to adjust the other volume. You can simply go to Settings by touching the gear icon on the volume slider. Appreciate your feedback, I'll pass this along but we can't guarantee any changes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

JoeEvaristo
Not applicable
Views: 70
Message 3 of 4

Right--I know it was "by design," which means it's broken by design. I need a way for the volume buttons to work correctly: to control the ringer, with the phone locked. What options can your team come up with? This just isn't acceptable.

JoeEvaristo
Not applicable
Views: 26
Message 4 of 4

I need a resolution to this issue soon. I used the physical ringer control buttons multiple times per day, and need that functionality back. 

I either need an official way to revert to Oreo, or a patch to return this functionality.

I would never have purchased this phone if I'd known you were going to disable the ringer volume control buttons. Intentionally damaging a feature I paid for is consumer fraud, and I will be filing a complaint with my state if this isn't resolved soon.

Top Kudoed Authors