Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatieC
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 643
Message 1 of 6

Post Pie upgrade power button starts google assistant

My phone finally got upgraded to Pie! i noticed soon after that that when i press the power button the google assistant starts. does anyone know how to disable this behavior form the button? i like using the Google assistant but i dont want it to start with the power button. i was not able to isolate what or under what circumpstances this happened. every time i try to replicate on purpose i cant. thanks
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 591
Message 2 of 6

Re: Post Pie upgrade power button starts google assistant

@KatieC wrote:
My phone finally got upgraded to Pie! i noticed soon after that that when i press the power button the google assistant starts. does anyone know how to disable this behavior form the button? i like using the Google assistant but i dont want it to start with the power button. i was not able to isolate what or under what circumpstances this happened. every time i try to replicate on purpose i cant. thanks

I personly do not think there is an option, I would like to further look into this. In the meantime, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Coug
What's DOS?
Views: 552
Message 3 of 6

Same issue with my new Z3 Play post upgrade, been looking for a while and this is the first thread I've seen on the issue. It results from a SLIGHT double tap of the power button (resulting in a half dozen presses to either wake up or lock as assistant keeps activating). Short of disabling assistant is there/will there be a solution?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 481
Message 4 of 6

Hi Coug,

You can turn off/change an option for this feature. Kindly go to Settings > System > Gestures > Double press key > You will see an option to set it to none, launch camera or launch assistance. Let me know if you can see that setting. Thanks

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

KatieC
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 312
Message 5 of 6

thanks! i thought i looked everywhere but i guess i missed that setting! it did fix it, assistant does not launch anymore. i guess the "double tap" of the button is very sensitive! thanks!
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 287
Message 6 of 6

Hi KatieC,

Thanks for letting us know this works for you. Just post in forums if you need further help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors