Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheonlyMLM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 1 of 6

Purple creep

Moto Z3 Play - dropped phone - no cracks.  Small purple dots in lower left corner - grew larger and more dense - almost completely taken over the screen.  

My question is will a screen replacement fix the issue? I don't want to pay for a screen replacement when I eventually will need to replace the entire phone.

I do have the AMAZING accidental damage protection on my phone but I believe I only get three fixes - this would be my 2nd since April.

Thank you!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 408
Message 2 of 6

Re: Purple creep

Hi TheonlyMLM,

Thanks for posting. A screen replacement should suffice to fix the purple spot on the screen since the damage is only noticeable on the OLED display. You'll notice when the phone is replaced if the IMEI is different. Let me know if you have more questions. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

TheonlyMLM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 383
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your prompt response!
Ethan324
Paper Tape
Views: 309
Message 4 of 6

Moto Z3 play- I have the same problem in my phone. Is it possible to send my phone to motorola to get it fixed, and how much would cost?

-Ethan

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 304
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ethan324,

Yes, you can send in the phone to Motorola if you are having the same issues. Here is a link where you can process a replacement: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service. The cost will depend on the replacement options that you will choose. Let me know if you more questions. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Ethan324
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 6 of 6

Thank you

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors