Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DR19
Blue Screen Again
Views: 254
Message 1 of 3

Remove Sound Notification but keep Visual Notification in Facebook, Yahoo Mail, etc. on Z3 Play?

I was able to set up my new Z3 Play's Gmail, Snapchat, and other apps so that I receive a visual notification but no sound when an email/snap comes in. However, I haven't figured out how to do this for Facebook, Yahoo Mail, and a couple other apps.  With those apps, the only choice seems to be either both sound and visual or no notification at all.  At least I am only hearing a vibrate notification instead of my actual notification sound, but would still rather not have any vibrate or sound for these apps.  I'd be fine with just the notification dot, or with an icon at the top of the home screen.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to do this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 217
Message 2 of 3

Re: Remove Sound Notification but keep Visual Notification in Facebook, Yahoo Mail, etc. on Z3 Play?

Hi DR19,

This depends on the app's settings. I tried to set this and it looks like there's no option for this with those apps. I would recommend contacting the app developer and provide your feedback. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

DR19
Blue Screen Again
Views: 212
Message 3 of 3

Re: Remove Sound Notification but keep Visual Notification in Facebook, Yahoo Mail, etc. on Z3 Play?

Thank you, Rich.  At least I'm glad that it always vibrates instead of doing the full notification sound.  This must vary by phone, as I had it set up the way I wanted it on my old Samsung Galaxy J3.

I appreciate you trying to figure it out.

Top Kudoed Authors